10 Unforgettable Shows

10 Unforgettable Shows

And why my TV life will never be the same.

15
10 Unforgettable Shows
ABC Family

Today, my heart has been broken over the countless TV shows that I have racked up on my list. Now, I pride myself on getting out of the house and having adventures; however, I do have a life indoors as well. My indoor life revolves around the couch, my laptop, and the TV. A girl can only take so much heartbreak from her favorite characters being ripped away from the land of fiction. Here is a list of 10 phenomenal TV shows that have been cancelled and will never grace mankind with their illustrious story lines again. The list below is in no way in order based on favorites, but merely heartbreaking realizations of shows that have an unfortunate end:

ABC Family’s "Twisted"

ABC Family’s "The Lying Game"

The CW’s "The Secret Circle"

ABC Family’s "The Nine Lives of Chloe King"

ABC Family’s "Jane by Design"

CBS’s "Limitless"

MTV’s "Faking It"

ABC Family’s "10 Things I Hate About You"

The CW’s "The Carrie Diaries"

Nickelodeon’s "Zoey 101"

The list shows 10 of my favorite shows that have been cut from my life. Dramatic as I’m portraying this, this matter is important. Frequently, astounding TV shows are created and placed on networks that grabs attention quickly. These types of shows reach a vast and diverse audience, yet they end up getting cancelled. I understand there are different reasons for the cancellation of a TV show. For example, MTV’s "Faking It" is getting cancelled for the reconstruction of MTV. People are getting upset that MTV isn’t what it was supposed to stand for originally: music. However, amazing TV shows are getting cut in the process. How long until television shows become all pointless, degrading, and obnoxious? The TV shows that are aired today seems to either talk about nothing important or just showing how humans act like animals. I can admit that there are some great TV shows still on air today, including "The Vampire Diaries," "Young and Hungry," "The Fosters," "The Big Bang Theory," and many more. Mostly I see a lot of half-naked female adults fighting and arguing like children on reality TV more than a show where someone can actually learn something. I see a lot of pointless gossip headlines over things that should actually be on the news like a hero saving lives, not a pop star going bald. Do we really live in a world where real news doesn’t exist? Why do I have to find out about breaking news a week later? How long before the media discloses everything that we value important? I just want to live in a world where I can calmly watch my favorite TV shows and not have to stress over its pending cancellation or not. A world where I don’t have to scroll endlessly for a decent show to watch. A world where the media can realize a great show when they see one.