10 Trends Of The 2000's That Are Making A Comeback

1128

Remember those dreadful outfits you put together in middle school thinking you looked good as ever? You know, the jean skirt with Juicy socks and Birkenstocks? I bet you never thought you'd have to pull those out of your closet (or the garbage) again. Luckily for everyone that didn't get enough of those looks, middle school style is making a strong comeback in 2015. Start stocking up on chokers and ponchos, early-2000's style is coming for you.

1. Ponchos

To everyone who made fun of me when I experimented with this cutting-edge look in 2002 - I told you so. Ponchos are functional, but cute and they're making a strong comeback right now. Granted the ones I wore were bright pink and purple, I knew this was a look and I'm glad they're in style again.

2. Birkenstocks

Still not sure why these were ever in or why they're coming back, but here we are. Every girl I knew had a pair of Birkenstock clogs that they paired with knee high Juicy Couture socks (obviously) in middle school. Now the sandals are on the rise and as comfortable as they are, I'm not sure 2015 is the place for Birkenstocks.

3. Jean skirts

Yes ladies, jean skirts have returned. The go-to look is back and better than ever. Pair this with your favorite shirt-on-shirt and you're ready for your first day of sixth grade.

4. Skorts

Skorts were the perfect mix between edgy and cute. All the fun of a skirt with the extra bonus of shorts. What more could you ask for? Luckily, they've updated the look of the skort so that they're actually cute and don't look like they're made out of fake jean material.

5. Chokers

I don't really know why these were ever a look then and I'm even more confused as to why they're a look now. They're just plastic loops wrapped tightly around your neck. But if you're into, you can find them at literally any store ever. You can't avoid them.

6. Platform sandals

For people like me who weren't allowed to wear these bad boys in the 2000s, this is a dream come true. Platform sandals were the most stylish pair of shoes you could own. The bigger the platform, the better you looked.

7. Overalls

Overalls are back and cuter than ever. Instead of being forced into them by your mother, you can actually style them and make them fashionable instead of looking like a young train conductor.

8. Platform sneakers

Like platform sandals, these were all the rave in the early-2000's. They were like Converse's edgy older sister. Add them to an outfit and you were automatically the coolest person in the room. If you want to re-attain that one of a kind look, they're sold at almost any shoe store now in millions of colors and styles.

9. Metallics

Anything shiny and sparkly was a must-have in middle school. Metallic skirt? Yes. Matching shirt? Obviously. Metallic is beginning to gain popularity again, especially skirts paired with neutral tops.

10. Denim denim denim

For a while, the only acceptable way to wear denim was skinny jeans. The fashion gods have blessed us with the all-denim look yet again, throwing it back to 2002. Those were the days. Never forget the iconic looks of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake on the red carpet. Now's your chance to recreate that.

For better or for worse, the fashion of the 2000's is coming back. If you haven't loaded up on denim button-downs and platform sneakers, I would start shopping. One last request to the fashion industry, please bring back Floaties (aka the most comfortable sandals known to man).