10 Toiletries You Can DIY

10 Toiletries You Can DIY

By doing this you can have more natural products while also saving money!

26
toiletries

Shampoo, soap, lotion, toothpaste, and these kinds of things are essential in everyday life. They keep us clean and healthy. However, they can get pretty pricey. I typically try to buy the cheapest brand. The issue with this is that most of these products are filled with unhealthy chemicals. So, the alternative is to buy natural products.

Natural products are much healthier, but also more expensive. I think it is unfair to choose between price and good quality. The way to avoid this dilemma is to make my own toiletries. Making my own products is much cheaper than buying good quality products. Homemade products will also have fewer chemicals. Here is a list of ten items that most people use daily that can be replaced with DIY products.

1. Shampoo

Shampoo can be replaced with baking soda. However if you don't like that idea there are tons of other recipes for shampoo online.

2. Toothpaste

This can also be replaced with baking soda. Like shampoo, there are many other recipes online.

3. Lotion

Most recipes for homemade lotion include coconut oil. However, to find the perfect one you should look at some recipes.

4. Deodorant

Deodorant is very important. However, it can also be made at home!

5. Sugar scrub

To make it at home the only two ingredients needed are sugar and coconut oil.

6. Liquid soap

The easiest recipe I have seen was boiling a gallon of water an added a shredded bar of soap.

7. Lip balm

Lip balm is an essential for my purse. Being able to make it at home, however I want to is a bonus.

8. Face masks

They can be as simple or complex as you want. The best part is you'll know everything that is going to be on your face.

9. Laundry detergent

Homemade laundry detergent can save a lot of money. Here is a link to my article about it : https://www.theodysseyonline.com/homemade-laundry-detergent

10. Sunscreen

I haven't tried this one yet. However, it is next on my to-do list.

Good luck to you and your new projects!