10 Tips for PMP Exam 2022 You Must Try to Pass

The Project Management Professional (PMP) Examination is one of the most important certification examinations for earning the prestigious PMP Credential in the world.

22

The Project Management Professional (PMP) Examination is one of the most important certification examinations for earning the prestigious PMP Credential in the world. This credential is awarded by PMI (Project Management Institute), the premier governing body for project management across the globe and is recognized in various industries. To earn the PMP Certification, aspiring project management professionals need to commit their time and effort to accumulate the required criteria and knowledge.

A picture containing map Description automatically generated

For the PMP Exam 2022, the requirements are slightly improved when PMI released the new ECO (Exam Content Outline) in January of 2021. Since then, the format has been the same and follows the PMBOK6 Guide. The release of the latest PMBOK7 Guide which came out digitally in August 2021 created doubts among aspiring PMPs whether they should follow the updated version or stick with the old one. However, PMBOK (A Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge) is not the only reference material for the PMP Exam.

So, aspiring project managers can relax and follow these 10 tips to prepare and pass the PMP Exam 2022:

• Register on PMI and set a date to attempt the PMP Exam in 2022 – Registering yourself on the PMI website is the first step. After that, you can see what the required criteria are before becoming eligible to attempt the PMP Exam in 2022 and set an assumed date to attempt the exam yourself.
  • Follow the latest ECO mentioned on the PMI website – As per the latest ECO, there are three domains in the PMP Certification Examination – People, Process, and Business Environment. Check PMI for the new ECO and plan your exam preparation journey accordingly.
  • Prepare a study plan before the assumed date of examination – After learning about the exam outline you can decide on the study plan. Give yourself at least two to three months for the exam preparation. You are free to take a longer route or a shorter one according to your own pace and situation.
  • Enroll in a PMP Certification Training Program – PMP Certification requires you to complete at least 35 hours of training through a reputed certification training provider so enroll in the right PMP Certification Training Program.
  • Use the right PMP Certification preparation guide – Follow the PMBOK6 Guide and Agile Practice Guide as well as the latest PMBOK7 Guide to prepare for the PMP Exam 2022.
  • Refer to course guide provided by the training provider – Any relevant additional course material provided by the training provider can also be used to prepare for the PMP Certification Exam.
  • Practice plenty of mock tests and simulation exams – Prepare for the PMP Exam 2022 using plenty of mock tests and simulation exams.
  • Give yourself plenty of time for revision – Use your time well to revise the concepts and the knowledge gained before the actual exam.
  • Clear doubts and rectify mistakes before attempting the real test – Rectify mistakes that occurred in the practice tests and seek assistance from the instructors or use PMI Community to clear any doubts that arise during the exam preparation.
  • Schedule exam date in 2022 after fulfilling all required criteria and attend the exam with confidence – Complete the PMP Application by filling in all the required information and finalize the date of the examination. Attend the PMP Exam 2022 with confidence.

Use these ten tips to pass the PMP Certification Exam in 2022 and earn the industry-recognized credential. Earning a PMP credential will help you successfully deliver projects for your organization. Hope these tips are instrumental in your effort to achieve your career goals this year.

gd