10 Thoughts You've Had While Extremely Sick

1. "You know what sounds good right now? Soup."

126

For the last couple of years, I've fallen victim to the latest flu strain. And every year, I'm down for at least a week, suffering in bed and thinking about all the work I'm missing in my classes, or literally anything else I could be doing rather than laying in bed.

This week, I managed to get sick again, and as I become more and more lucid, I decided to look back on my thoughts.

All week, all I wanted was a nice bowl of Pho. Or chicken noodle. Or literally anything that would sooth the aching in my throat.

2. "I should probably be in class."

I made the terrible decision to skip my classes this year, just to avoid sitting through lecture and videos without even paying attention to them.

3. "Do I have a fever?"

I don't know about you, but I'm paranoid about have a fever. I rarely get them and when I do, I freak out. I spent almost the entire week feeling my forehead for above average temperatures. I blame Grey's Anatomy for making me paranoid.

4. "Moooooooooooooom!"

I'm super clingy, I've realized. This entire week, all I've wanted was someone home with me (especially my mom) to make sure I don't die. I don't think I voiced it, but as a result, I spent most of my week alone. It was fine, I survived, but I think we all want our parents around when we're sick.

5. "Am I going to die?"

Extreme, seriously. Probably on my worst day my chest was heavy and full, and my nose was stuffed, but that was it. In Washington, where I live, there had been over 40 confirmed deaths and if you read the above (#3), I'm paranoid. Seriously.

6. "What year is it?"

Usually, when I wake up from a nap (when I'm sick), I feel worse. I don't know if that's just me or what, but I feel groggy, out of it, and just overall terrible and just want to sleep for 80 years.

7. "It would be great if someone could just cut my head off."

It would honestly just solve all of the problems. No more throat problems, no more stuffy nose. It would all just be gone and over with. But alas, that's not how it works.

8. "I'm going to fail all of my classes."

At this point, I've been home for most of the week and I know I've missed some important things. Luckily, all of my professors were understanding.

9. "How many episodes have I watched?"

I usually put on a tv show or one of my favorite youtube channels and just let them play. Usually, they'll go on all week until I get tired of them. Most recently it's been Parks and Recreations.

10. "Is this over yet?"

After a week, I'm pretty over being sick. I'm ready for it to be over and move on with my life.