8 Thoughts All College Students Have at 11:59 pm

Did I forget to turn in my assignment?

2717

Being in college is hard. One moment your life is on top of the world and the next thing you know you've sunk to the bottom and so have your grades. Sometimes you don't have control over the crazy things in life. Many of times I find myself looking at the clock and it's 11:59. What a life changing time. Of course all of our assignments are due at 11:59 at night. Nothing beats the feeling when it's 11:49 and you remember your Spanish homework is due at 11:59. Who said the world's greatest paper can't be written in 10 minutes? Never a college kid. So here are 8 thoughts that cross the minds of all college kids at 11:59 pm.

1. Thank the Lord I completed that assignment.

- After a long week of completing assignment after assignment for once you decided to complete something early. Lucky for you it was that one assignment due at 11:59 on a friday night. No worries you've completed it, just enjoy some netflix and sleep for once.

2. Sleep please

- Being in college we never get sleep. If you are in bed before 12 it's a miracle. So as you're lying in bed and you look at your phone and it says "11:59" enjoy that moment because you will never be in bed that early again. Especially with 3 papers, 1 quiz, and 4 assignments due the next week.

3. Netflix or homework?

- Some nights hard decisions have to be made. We all know you want to study for your test in two days, but you just started watching Stranger Things. Prepare to have a late night discussion with your inner self about how much that test will really count towards your end grade.

4. Did I turn in my paper?

- We have all stopped dead in our tracks and wondered, "Did I turn in my paper?". Of course you never have this gut wrenching feeling until about 11:59 when all is over and too late. No worries it's only 15% of your grade.

5. Well, My paper is already late ...

- Sometimes we fall short of the paper due date and time, but it's okay. No worries you can still turn that paper in. Just keep moving forward and hurry. Your grade drops by the hour.

6. What am I doing with my life?

- Many a times college kids find themselves questioning their college experience. Why even stay up late, why stress, why college? We all have these thoughts especially when it's late at night. Just go to bed and those thoughts will show up around the next paper assignment, It's okay. I feel the pain.

7. This is it, I'm dropping out

- So you've made it to this point. You can't take another day and you can't look at another assignment. No worries, It happens to the best of people. Just think of it this way. You've threatened to drop out of college every month since you've been there and look at you know. You're still here! Just a few more months to go.

8. I'm Starving Can we order Pizza?

- Randomly you are hungry at 11:59. You aren't the only one. Sadly enough for you, you have 1 minute to get your order into dominoes before they won't deliver your hot and delicious pizza. Maybe if you think real hard you'll realize that it's only you inner emotions speaking and not your stomach.