10 Things You'll Remember If You've Had A Facebook For A While

Timehop can either be your best friend or your worst enemy.

105
Lh3.com

We've all heard it said that a new day equals a fresh star, unless we're talking about Timehop. In that case, the app takes everything you've ever posted on social media on that day & brings it back, no matter how awkward and embarrassing. Just when you thought that you had buried all of your statuses about how you were so excited to see Taylor Lautner in the latest Twilight movie, there they are again, staring you in the face. This app has probably brought back some great memories, along with quite a few that you wish had never happened. Here are several things that you'll remember if you've used Facebook for a few years.

1. You had to beg your parents to let you get a Facebook.

Nowadays, you can join just about any social media site you want, but back then, you were forced to sit through a lecture about "Stranger Danger".

2. You had to have the perfect Pieces of Flair board.

And you had to choose just the right flair to send to your friends. It was basically Pinterest for Facebook.

3. You became a fan of hundreds of pages, no matter how random they were.

You would go back and unlike all of them, but it's easier just to live with the regret and move on.

4. You posted "Truth Is" and "To Be Honest" statuses when you needed a confidence boost.

"Truth is… Ur rly cool. Ur nice and funny. Ur in my math class. We don't rly talk but that should change." *cringes internally*.

5.You had entire conversations with people by writing wall posts back and forth.

"I'm talking 2 u on the phone right now!!!!!" "LOL IKR?!?! We r SO funny. I bet evry1 is jealous that they aren't hearing this conversation!!!"

6. You loved to post taggable pictures.

Sometimes you honestly got jealous because you knew that you deserved to be tagged in most of those categories but your friends could only pick one.

7. Once you discovered photo editing websites, your pictures became a lot more colorful.

*10 different filters and several neon words and cutesy shapes later* "Ah, perfect."

8. You either loved to play Facebook games or absolutely hated them. There was no in between.

"Not another Farmville request…"

9. Your statuses with angsty or sad lyrics were just your younger self's version of subtweeting.

Bring on the Taylor Swift lyrics and broken heart emojis…

10. There was always that one person on your News Feed that used their statuses as their diary.

Do we really have to hear about how you and your boyfriend are so in love even though you've already broken up five times?

Sure, Timehop makes you wonder why your 15 year old self was ever allowed to post anything on social media, but at least you've grown up enough to get a good laugh out of it and learn from your mistakes.