10 Things You Notice When You Come Home For the Holidays

It's finally holiday break, and there's some adjustments to make.

10
Patricia Carr Life Coach

In my second year of college, I come home less often than I had last year. This break will have been the most often I spent at home since summer vacation. I love spending time with my family, but I have noticed a few things that have changed in the time I was living on campus. I have a feeling that those of you who know how this feels will agree with me, so without further ado: 10 things you notice when you come home for the holidays.

1. They moved things around while you were gone.

A room was repainted, or maybe completely rearranged.

2. You undoubtedly forgot something at school.

Last year it was my retainer.

3. You have to change your routine.

You mean I don't get to follow the same schedule I had for the past semester?

4. Your younger siblings suddenly grew.

How did my littlest brother learn all the lyrics to "Hamilton" songs while I was away?

5. You miss your friends.

It's really weird to suddenly not see someone for three weeks.

6. You miss campus food just a little.

You don't miss the lines, but you at least miss the enjoyable things.

7. Your sleeping schedule is judged.

No one else in your house will be up at 2:00 in the morning.

8. You have to get used to a different bed.

Even if it was the bed you slept in four months ago, it feels completely different.

9. You might get a little lonely.

You don't have people around you nearly 24/7.

10. You get to catch up with everyone you missed.

At the end of the day, you are glad you had the chance to come home to be with your family. Don't take this time for granted! Whether you experience these changes or not, I hope they made you smile. I love being around my family, and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.