10 Things You Can Do Instead Of Schoolwork

You can still be productive while procrastinating.

5
pixabay.com

Don't feel like doing homework? Same. I'm totally burned out. Just looking at a textbook makes me feel tired, and impending test dates don't even scare me anymore. I would rather do anything else but schoolwork, but I also don't like feeling like I'm wasting my time. So, without further ado, here is a list of things I have found make procrastinating feel productive.

1. Catch up on sleep

Sleep is so important. It's impossible to stay on top of your schoolwork if you are too tired to even accomplish it. So, if you find you are actually too tired to focus on your schoolwork, take a nap or go to bed early one night so that your body can rest.

2. Clean

At this point in the semester, there's probably a good chance that your dorm room or apartment needs cleaning. So break out the vacuum cleaner and get to work.

3. Organize your life

Ah, the illusion of productivity. If you can't seem to stomach homework at the moment, get to work on organizing your life. Write down all your new test and due dates, because at this point the schedule on your syllabus is not even relevant anymore. Plan out all your extracurricular meetings, your work schedule, arrange meetings with people for that annoying group project you have, etc. It will make your life seem so much simpler.

4. Go through your clothes

It's the start of a new season, meaning it's perfectly acceptable to go through your clothes and decide what you want to keep and what you want to throw out or donate. Go through everything that you haven't worn in awhile, and if you decide you probably won't wear it again, get rid of it and make some room in your closet.

5. Read for fun

Reading is a stimulating activity, and reading a book you actually want to read is enjoyable, because you aren't being forced to read it in order to pass a class.

6. Go to the gym

I hate working out, but I will also be the first to admit it's great for relieving stress.

7. Do laundry

Laundry can pile up fast, and just because your Monday/Wednesday/Friday people don't see what you wear to class on Tuesdays and Thursdays doesn't mean you should wear that tee shirt with the stain on it again. So go do your laundry, and while you're at it go ahead and wash your sheets. Because, let's be honest, when was the last time that happened?

8. Take out the trash

Just like laundry, trash can pile up fast, because the "take the trash out when you notice it's full" rule never works. Everyone just tries to fit as much as they can so they don't have to make the trek to the dumpster.

9. Figure out what you're doing for housing next year.

This is just as (if not more) stressful than schoolwork, but the sooner you get started the better. You'll have cheaper rates, and if plans or roommates fall through, you can rest easy knowing that you still have enough time to pull something together.

10. Prepare meals for the week

Save yourself time and money by cooking and then refrigerating meals that you can eat throughout the week. That way, when you are crunched for time you can just heat something up in the microwave instead of having to go out to grab fast food or make something from scratch.