10 Things You Will Miss When You Go Back To College

Going back to school is always great, but there are still some things to miss from home.

25
Huffington Post

Going back to college and my home away from home is always exciting. Reuniting with friends, taking interesting new classes and eating at favorite local restaurants are just a few of the perks of heading back to campus.

But on the other hand, there are always things to miss at home. Here are 10 things I'll miss when I go back to college.

1. My family.

There's nothing more comforting than Dad's hug or Mom's great advice. Even a sibling's joke can pull me out of a bad mood. Although they're only a phone call or text away, they're always even better in person.

2. My pets.

If my family can't cheer my up after a tough day, my pets always can. Unfortunately my room mate doesn't get quite as excited as my dog does when I walk through the door.

3. My significant other.

Long distance relationships are tough, and going back to school unfortunately means being apart again.

4. Home cooking.

The dining halls are alright, but nothing beats a warm, homemade dish.

5. My own room.

Room mates are great, but sometimes it's nice to cry over "Grey's Anatomy" in private.

6. My own bathroom.

Dorm showers. Enough said.

7. My summer job/internship.

It may not have been the most fun or best-paying job, but my co-workers made it so worth it.

8. Driving.

Let's be real, I can't afford a parking pass, so walking will have to do. But nothing really beats driving with the windows down and the radio on.

9. Sleeping in.

My sleep schedule this summer was totally off and definitely unhealthy, but I'll miss watching Netflix until 2 a.m. and staying in bed until noon.

10. My home town.

College towns are pretty much the best places on earth, but my town is probably second best. Local food and summer festivities are always a treat.