10 Things I Want To Thank My Best Friend For
popular

"We've made it this far, now you are stuck with me for life!"

1678
Camera Roll

We've been friends for forever, but even when we had known each other for only ten minutes, you've given me a gift that no one else could.

No one else has been by my side, by choice, through all of the crap I've pulled. I am absolutely sure that I'm difficult sometimes, but you've never faltered. I don't often thank you for all that you do, but you are honestly such a wonderful and huge part of my life. You're irreplaceable. You are my "girl soulmate".

Here are just a couple things I don't think you get thanked enough for:

1. Not putting up with my shit. This one is important. If I'm bitchy or doing something that isn't good for me, you are the first, and often the only, person to call me out on it. Every time I text that guy that only wants sex, every time I'm irritable and mean for no reason, every time I don't take accountability for my actions, you are the one person I know will tell it like it is.

2. For being honest. Whether it was over something silly, like whether or not the shoes I picked out were cute, or something serious, like asking your opinion over big life decisions. You were honest about the decisions I made. Whether you agreed with them or not.

3. Your unconditional love. Along with being honest with me about my wrongdoings, you love me through them. Many people have walked in and out of my life, and that messes with a person's head, but you have never wavered in showing me that I am loved. You have cared for me through our fights, our good times, our binges, your heartbreaks.You love me, by choice, even when I'm not so lovable.

4. Being my rock. When all I have done for days is laid in bed and cried, when I'm pissed off, and when I had joy in my heart, you are my rock. My shoulder to cry on, the lighthouse guiding me through the storm. You've always kept me grounded, lifted my spirits when I can't lift myself, and done all in your power to make sure I okay. It's not an easy task, but you handle it so well and I love you for that.

5. For Listening. I know there are times where you don't understand the circumstances I am going through, or experiencing, and you didn't know what to say. Regardless, you listened. You let me vent about the tough situations and made me feel like someone cared about what I had to say. You also always listen when I complained about being broke, about my parents (love you guys so much) or pretty much about anything and everything. Thank you for letting me be the whiner I am.

6. Sticking with me through my awkward phase(s). As of right now, I'm pretty solid. I'm somewhat normal and I have a semi-decent sense of fashion, but that was not always the case. I went through so many phases through our friendship and you may not have joined me in wearing thick eyeliner and black clothes, but you sure as hell stayed my friend while I did all of those dumb things.

7. Letting me borrow and steal your clothes. When I hated everything I owned, you never hesitate to lend me that cute dress you got off the sale rack, or that adorable shirt I talked you into getting. You always have my back when I feel like nothing looks good on me and you dress me up and send me on my way-- even if you were planning on wearing it. And also thank you for looking like a dork with me - you know, when we would want to wear matching close to school...yikes.

8. Taking care of me. Whether I was having a bad day at school or something was going on in my family, you were always there. You've always allowed me the best care when I feel like shit emotionally. You bring me cookies and ice cream, diet coke, and sad movies so I veg out and binge and then you help me get back on my feet when it's time.

9. Giving me advice. I rarely take the words of wisdom from anyone, but you always give me advice anyway, every time I ask, and often when I don't. It is unbiased and given with only my best interest in mind, and that's such a beautiful thing. You help me through things that I don't know anything about and you pull me out when I don't take your advice and get stuck between a rock and a hard place. Then, even though I didn't take it ten times before, you offer up your advice again.

10. For accepting me. Being that you've been friends with me for forever, you've seen me at my worst and my best. Regardless, you still choose to hang out with me. So I mean, that's pretty cool.

It's been a long time, and we've had our fights, but you have been my friend through it all. We've made it through elementary school, middle school and high school, through the beginnings of adulthood, through heartbreaks, together. We've stuck together at the hip and never expected anything in return.

I promise to try my best to be the best friend I can be for you.

Thank you, for everything.

Love,

JoJo