10 Things Every Volleyball Player Can Relate To

10 struggles and blessings every volleyball player can relate towards

200

1. When you go super hard in warm up to intimidate the opposing team

Let’s be real, if you play competitive volleyball you know how important it is to have an intimidating warm up with solid warm up songs to feed the mood. This isn’t only to put down the opponent, but hype up your game!

2. When stinky knee pads become a normal smell in the locker room

We all know no matter how much spray is in the locker room, there will always be that one teammate that refuses to spray their knee pads or wash them!

3. Getting your own personalized facial

Nothing can tick a volleyball player off more than getting hit in the face with the ball. Not only because it hurts like hell, but because it gives the individual that hit it satisfaction.

4. Having an incredible save, but not getting the point.

Volleyball players are known for epic saves and hits, but when you throw your body across the court and lose a point… Talk about disappointment.

5. Purple hip bruises are a normal part of your complexion.

If you are a defensive specialist you know the struggle with hip bruising is real. The first week is harshly rough, but after that the pain is a regular feeling in your books.

6. When you block a dominate hitter.

All I have to say to this is… NO NO NO NOT TODAY!!!

7. When coach calls off practice for the day

You never thought you would have a free day, but finally the gates of heaven have opened and granted your prayers. You can actually have a social life!

8. When the opposing player lies about a point

The sang “the ball never lies,” is true and the volleyball gods are always watching..

9. Being asked how tall you are

We get it, we are tall. Nothing can annoy a volleyball player more than being asked her height, so just don’t.

10. Playing a home game

The anxiousness, but excitement behind a home game is unreal. The screaming fans, creative posters, amplified moods, and home-court advantage! If you are the home team you are a force to be wreaked with!