10 Things You Won't Miss About Living In A Dorm

Get ready, freshmen.

52

Dorm life is probably unlike anything you've experienced before, and it represents everything you'll come to love and hate about your freshman year. To emotionally prepare yourself, here are ten things you can expect to be driven crazy by during your time spent living on campus.

1. Noisy Neighbors

Forget normal and uninterrupted sleep-- you're about to be surrounded by nocturnal college students. Since too much time is spent crying and procrastinating during the day, the hours between 10 pm and 4 am are our time to shine.

2. Community Bathrooms

Nothing screams freshman year like shower shoes. Or getting locked out of your room wearing nothing but a towel. Having a bathroom all to yourself will be something that you will very much miss.

3. Constant Access to Unhealthy Food

Living in a dorm means you will most likely have access to some sort of conveniently located junk, and while you may stay strong the first couple weeks you will eventually fall victim to your diminishing self-control.

4. Messy Roommates

Keep in mind that if you don't have a messy roommate, you're probably the messy roommate.

5. Uncomfortable Dorm Beds

No mattress topper or pad will make you forget how comfortable your bed back home is.

6. Too Much Estrogen

Expect to have zero drama and endless friendships, because absolutely nothing negative can come out of living with hundreds of other girls.

7. RAs

You can count on the fact that the RAs in your building will work to control every aspect of your life during these two semesters. From working around visitation policies to smuggling various forms of contraband in, your creativity may have to be put to the test.

8. The Thermostat

Long gone are the days where you actually had some kind of control over how hot or cold your living space was; get used to either freezing or wearing minimal clothing in your room depending on the season.

9. Doing Laundry

Be prepared to lose articles of clothing-- not just to other residents, but to the vicious and outdated laundry machines

10. No Space

Maybe spend your last couple days at home living in your closet, that way you'll be ready for your shoebox sized room.