10 Things To Do When You're Home From College

So you don't find yourself sitting around bored all summer!

219
pexels

We've all been there. You just got home from college and the stress of finals are slowly fading away. So, if you're anything like me you may be finding yourself sitting at home thinking "well now what am I supposed to do?" I'm not the type of person that goes on crazy trips to Europe or spends every night out with friends. So here's a list of things to do when you're bored out of your mind over the summer!

1. Start a Journal

What??? Like a diary?? I mean if thats what you want sure, but no not exactly. I've really been into the trend of bullet journal's lately and I'M OBSESSED. I'm one of the least creative people out there, but bullet journals are so easy to use and allow you to be creative in your own way! I love them for making lists, doodling, and literally anything I can think of. If bullet journals aren't your thing, buying a cute little notebook and using it to write whats on your mind works just as well.

2. Start a New Series on Netflix/Hulu

Confession: I'm really bad at keeping up with series. As soon as I start one I get bored and stop. Don't be like me. When you're bored at home and just feel like having a lazy day starting a new series is the best way to go. A few of my favorite binge-worthy shows are Game of Thrones, The Mindy Project, The Walking Dead, and of course The Office. Theres a ton of other amazing shows out there so why not just pick a random one and see where it goes!

3. Make a Spotify Playlist

Okay have you ever just sat down and made a Spotify playlist? If not, you definitely should. I will make a Spotify playlist for any occasion. Going to the beach? Driving? Crying? Eating a bowl of yogurt? Literally anything. Its also a great way to find some great new songs and listen to ones you forgot about. If you don't have Spotify, there is a great deal for students!

4. Take a hike!!! (seriously)

I'm from Boone so naturally I have to say this, but really, take a hike or walk a trail. Its so refreshing to get outside and walk through the woods. I'm from Charlotte so I can't really go on a good hike unless I drive 40 minutes to Crowders Mountain (which is a great place to go). But nothing beats those Parkway hikes!

5. Try a New Recipe

Ever see those videos on Facebook or Instagram of those really cool cooking tutorials? Make it! I'm no chef, but I do enjoy cooking. Even if its something so simple or even really complicated, make that dish you've been dying to try! And if you succeed you can eat it! Its a win-win!

6. Start a Book

This is something I keep telling myself to do, but I have no motivation to do it. I will eventually! But reading is a great way to just relax and past time so I highly recommend it if you find yourself sitting around thinking of something to do. I recently started the book Why Not Me? By Mindy Kaling and even though I'm only on like page 5 its still a great book! (I'm also kinda biased because I love everything about Mindy Kaling)

7. Start a Garden

I can not express how much I'm obsessed with gardening. I'm not like an avid gardener, but I kinda wish I was. If you have the space for a garden, I definitely recommend starting one. Even if you don't have the outdoor space, there are so many plants that can flourish indoors like succulents, ferns, aloe, and many more! Theres no greater feeling than watching your little plants grow over time.

8. Go to the zoo

This is something I am always down to do! I love going to the zoo and one of my personal favorites is Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC. Thats kind of a far drive, but there's also really great places in NC as well like Asheboro Zoo and Lazy-5-Ranch. It's a great day trip to go on with friends or family!

9. Take a Nap

Seriously though, naps are life. If I have absolutely nothing to do you can catch me napping. Its summertime so why not nap?

10. Relax

This is something so simple that people often don't even think about it. But relax. Summer is for relaxing and taking time for yourself to mentally recharge after a stressful school year. I sometimes find myself stressed and anxious over the smallest things and I have to remind myself to let it go and just relax. This is your Summer so relax and enjoy it!