10 Things To Do When You're Bored Out Of Your Mind

When all you've been doing all day is watch TV...

20104
Pixar

This is very rare, but sometimes I get really bored. It seems like nowadays no one has time to themselves. We’re always multitasking. It’s who we’ve become.

There are those points though where I feel like I have nothing to do, and I’m bored out of my mind. All my work is finished, I don’t have meetings until later on in the week, and I have no responsibilities for the rest of the afternoon. Here are some things that kill time:

1. Clean

You’re probably laughing at the first thing I came up with. Cleaning? Really? Well, one thing I’ve noticed is when my area is clean and I make my bed, I am happier. Is that stupid? There’s just something about climbing into a made bed at the end of the day that just makes my day a little better.

2. Work Ahead

We all know that feeling of accomplishment when we finish an assignment a couple days in advance or when we start studying for tests over a week in advance. It makes us feel good about ourselves. Working ahead, though may not be the most fun thing you’ve ever done, is a great activity to kill time.

3. Read

I promise you, the list won’t get worse from here. I know nowadays people don’t like to read. They like to watch TV or listen to music or play video games. Sometimes, we need change. I’ve read more books this year than I have all of college. I’ve grown to like books a lot actually. I’m currently reading Amy Poehler’s book. She’s my hero

4. Text 5 of your friends that you haven’t spoken to in over a week

I promise you, you will have some really interesting conversations. Catching up is always fun.

5. Make a blog

You don’t necessarily have to have a huge passion for writing to do this one. You can be into photography, art, poetry, really anything. A blog is a really nice thing to have in my opinion. It allows you to organize your thoughts and have all your work in one place. For me, it’s a creative outlet.

6. Start making your Christmas list

I know it’s only November, but it’s never too late to start a Christmas wish list! When you start brainstorming things you may ask Santa for now, you’ll have time to come up with the perfect list!

7. Call your family

Every once in a while, you go some time without talking to your family. It happens. Everyone gets busy. Now that you’re bored, you can call to check in or have a lengthy chat about life. Every time I hang up after talking to my mom, it says I’ve been on the phone for almost 40 minutes each time we talk.

8. Shop online or browse Pinterest

One thing that really kills time for me is browsing Pinterest. I LOVE making lists, especially about clothes I want to buy. There are so many cute styling photos on there. It’s so addicting. It also helps that I have NO money and can’t actually buy the clothes – so browsing is good.

9. Plan the best date of your life

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been bored and just planned the most kick-ass date someone could ever take me on.

10. Play games and music that make you feel nostalgic

This is oddly specific, I know. One thing I’ve noticed about myself is when I listen to music I listened to religiously growing up, I daydream. Daydreaming always kills time for me. However, I do NOT recommend playing Monopoly… that game has been ruining friendships and breaking apart families since 1935.