10 Must-Do Events In Tampa Bay This Summer

The ultimate Bay Area summer bucket list

114
6iee

We've almost done it guys! We've nearly survived finals and made it to summer. Of course the beach and pool can fill plenty of our time. If you're in need of an adventure, however, that might just not do. Luckily if you're sticking around the Tampa Bay area you won't be short on things to do.

I've found 10 great things to do in the area. Five of them occur on specific dates and are listed chronologically. The other five are listed in no specific order and can be enjoyed whenever you've got the itch for adventure. Enjoy your summer in Tampa Bay!

1. Riverfest 2017

Where: Riverwalk

When: May 6th - 7th

$$: Admission is free

This festival lasts all weekend and includes lots of food, entertainment, booze, and even fireworks to finish off the weekend. All of this, free admission, and the awesome Tampa Riverwalk view. What could be better?!

2. Temple Terrace Craft Brewfest

Where: Woodmont Park, 415 Woodmont Avenue Temple Terrace, FL 33617

When: May 13th 4-8pm

$$: $20-$40

One place to come sample over 75 brews from 22 local breweries and eat at a variety of food trucks. The best part? This is dog friendly and proceeds from this event benefit charities including CAIRFlight, the USF Bridge program, and Rotary's Camp Florida.

3. Tampa Bay Margarita Festival

Where: Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park

When: May 27th, 12pm - 11pm

$$: $30 General Admission (Day Of)

You have to be 21 or over to attend this one. It is a day full of a variety of margaritas, entertainment, a firework show, and tons of fun. The headliner for the event is Barenaked Ladies and there's even a tequila tasting. So it's guaranteed to be a good time.

4. The Baddest BBQ on the Bone Fishing Slam & BBQ Festival

Where: Madeira Beach Rec Center

When: June 8th - 10th

$$: Admission is free

This one is super family friendly. It includes a fishing tournament, boat show, vendors, raffle prizes, live music and lots more. Admission is free, but you'll need to register online ahead of time if you want to participate in the tournament. This one looks delicious!

5. Warped Tour

Where: Vinoy Park

When: July 5th

$$: Tickets are selling for about $40 a piece right now

American Authors, Attila, Bowling For Soup, and Never Shout Never are just a few of some of the awesome bands coming to the Tampa Bay area this year for Warped Tour. It's going to be an awesome show so make sure to go ahead and buy your tickets. Plus you have an opportunity to do some good by bringing 3 cans of food, $5, or a used cellphone to be donated to hungry children and can get you into the show early. So don't miss out and make sure to help out!

Now for some of those anytime adventures you can have here in the Tampa Bay area.

6. Ybor City Food Tour

Where: Ybor City

$$: Tours are about $60

If you're new to the area and unfamiliar with Ybor or if you're like me and you just love Ybor and all the food that comes with it you'll enjoy this one. These tours take you through some locations as you eat your way through Ybor. The tour guides give you some interesting history lessons during your delicious stops and you walk away with a new love for the wonderful city. It's an awesome thing to try out with a group of friends or family here in town.

7. Tampa Theatre

Where: Franklin Street Mall, 711 N Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602

$$: Varies

Built in 1926, the Tampa Theatre is a historical landmark to the city. It is managed now by the not-for-profit Tampa Theatre Foundation. If you're from Tampa you've most likely been here on some sort of educational trip before. So you know it is a great place to see a show. What you may not know is that it's a great place to take a ghost tour. The 91 year old theatre holds a lot of history and stories and possibly spirits?

8. Cigar City Brewery

Where: 3924 W Spruce St. Tampa, FL 33607

$$: Varies

Come in and try some awesome beer. Take a trip into the tasting room for the great booze or step out and get some grub from one of the food trucks outside the brewery. You can also take a tour of the brewery on select dates. So get some boozey buddies together and go experience CCB.

9. The Great Escape Room

Where: 300 Madison St #301 Tampa, FL 33602

$$: $20-$30

These escape rooms are a prime opportunity to gain some intense team building skills. So get together your friends, family, or coworkers and try to escape these rooms in 60 minutes or less. This Sherlock based adventure is quickly becoming a town favorite. It's part puzzle solving and part scavenger hunt and fully thrilling.

10. Bioluminescence Paddle

Where: (Slightly out of the area, but worth the drive!) Kelly Park East 2550 N. Banana River DriveMerritt Island, FL 32952

$$: $45/person

Florida is full of places to go kayaking, but here you can go kayaking in the glow-in-the-dark Indian River water. Well, the water doesn't really glow in the dark. To give you a quick biology lesson, there's these things called dinoflagellates in the water. They flash when disturbed by some sort of movement such as a paddle in the water. It's an out of world experience and definitely worth the out of town drive.