We've all seen those movies where you roll your eyes because of poor acting, or the many cliches we come across in Hollywood. I conjured (see what I did there) up the top 10 that I could think of that are most used.
1. Running up the stairs
I know I'm not the only one in the theater saying, "There's a front door right there." Am I right?
2. Yelling out, "Who's there, what do you want?"
I don't think the killer is going to politely respond with their name and purpose.
3. That one chick who always manages to fall over nothing
We've all seen it, the girl who trips over the thin air then chooses to crawl away from the masked killer. (Spoiler alert: they die 99% of the time)
4. The couple who walks into creepy a** woods to have sex
5. The a**hole who tries to take over
We all know the jerk who tries to run the show. (Spoiler alert: he usually dies too)
6. The leading star who gets one good hit on the killer BUT THEN STOPS AND DROPS THE WEAPON
COME ON. This is not the time to be thinking about getting in trouble for overkill. This is the time to take that sledgehammer and make sure you can't see their face anymore. Because he's just gonna get up and chase you once again, and all of us in the theater couldn't be more ashamed of you.
7. When someone sees foreign lettering, then reads it out loud
Way to go, you just either summoned a demon, awoken a curse, or brought the dead back to life. If you don't know what it says, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT read it out loud. I'm pretty sure even reading it in your head may be too risky.
8. The guy who never believes his wife about the haunted house
Way to be the jerk of the movie, everyone in the theater hates you. She's your wife, give her the benefit of the doubt or she'll be dragged away never to be seen again.