10 things that happen when you move out of your parent's house

Yes, I'm moving out. No, I don't hate you mom.

311

1. When you announce that you're moving out, it is an ordeal.

2. When you finally move out on your own, everything you do is kind of exciting.

i.e. grocery shopping, keeping yourself alive after a spell of sickness.

3. You discover a new hobby/ enjoy a hobby to its fullest extent.

For me...I discovered cooking and I was also able to sleep in more often.. (hey!..sleeping can be a hobby)

4. After a couple of weeks or so, the novelty wears off. Not that you don't like it, because you can still do stuff you wouldn't be able to do with people around...like spazz out and call it dancing.

5. You have to get ORGANIZED.

Example: making sure you pay your bills on time because OVERDUE notices are freaking scary.

6. You have no other option than to budget...but sometimes you gotta remind yourself that it is ok to TREAT YOSELF once and awhile.

7. You become pretty nostalgic sometimes, so you start making dishes your parents or grandparents make like Caldo de Pollo, Arroz con Salchichas...Going to go get some pan dulce...ya tu sabes.

8. You become like your parents in the way you keep your "household," even though you swore they were a little cray for vacuuming at 7am on a Saturday.

9. Everything you grew up on from superstitions to home remedies stays with you.

10. In the end, you take everything your parents taught you, and mix it in with your own lifestyle and values, and you end up really appreciating everything they did for you 10000x more.