10 Things Every Crossfitter Can Relate To

"Destroy what destroys you."

19
webrootanywhere.com

Crossfit is a high-intensity workout that combines strength training with cardiovascular exercise and is completed in specific time intervals or timed for you specifically.

1. If you think a workout looks like it won't be too bad, think again.

Even when there are few or easy movements in a WOD (Workout of the Day), it usually requires you to complete multiple rounds of the exercise in total.

2. Every WOD ends up being a full-body workout in some way, shape or form.

Even if you're working one specific part of your body, the rest of your body becomes involved somehow and you'll feel it the next day....

3. You may feel like you're going to pass out or die during some of the WODs, but you push through them anyway.

Not finishing is never an option. With the motivation of your fellow crossfitters and your instructor, you find it in you to push through the pain.

4. Everyone has their least favorite exercise.

Whether it be burpees, wall balls, jump ropes, etc., everyone has that one exercise that they dread doing when they see it in the WOD.

5. It's a great stress reliever.

When you're having a bad day and need to shake off the stress or anger, Crossfit is a great outlet to drain the negativity and create positivity.

6. The atmosphere itself is motivating.

Being around a bunch of other people doing the same thing as you and trying just as hard as you are fills you with the adrenaline you need to do the WOD successfully.

7. Age is not a factor.

Crossfit doesn't have an age limit on it. In class, you will see people in their teens all the way up to people in their 60s! Some places also have "Kiddie Crossfit" programs for children. Age does not determine your ability level, at all.

8. The only person you are in true competition with is yourself.

Although you are always trying to get the best time in a METCON or the most reps in an AMRAP, when it comes down to it, you are your only true opponent in the battle to be the best. You're constantly trying to get better than you were yesterday.

9. You become a family with the people from your gym.

Even if you only go to one or two workouts per week, you tend to be around generally the same people and always end up meeting new people. These people are the ones who push you to do your best and encourage you to keep going when you feel like you can't.

10. The support you get is overwhelming

Everyone is so supportive of each other. They are behind you for whatever you do, whether during Crossfit class or outside of it. It's like a little family.