10 Questions Everyone Asks Me About Arizona State University

We've got quite a reputation and it's coming to bite us in the butt.

327
ASU / Instagram

As one of largest public universities in the United States with a notoriety for being a party school, you are sure to draw up a reputation and get asked questions about what it is like to be a fellow Sun Devil. Here are some of the things I have been asked throughout my time here.

1. What are the parties like?

What do you mean? As a dry campus, I wouldn't know. Of course not! That's preposterous.

2. Greek life is wild, huh?

It's not like the movies.

3. So, your school is in the middle of a desert?

Technically, yes, but it's a developed city. It's not like we have roads, buildings, freeways, infrastructure, air conditioning? We're not living in underground huts with the snakes, people.

4. It's just really hot, right?

Yup, that's how it usually is. We're not burning alive or anything, though.

5. Does it even rain? Snow? Anything?

There are only two types of weather in our city - dry heat and monsoon season. The craziest things we experience are haboobs but that's about it.

6. Are there cacti, like, everywhere?

Yup, you can't even walk down the street without getting pricked. Just kidding!

7. Do you go to Mexico for spring break?

Not with my parents!

8. Is everybody a Republican?

Eh, depends on where you go.

9. Do you know a plug?

Chances are, you do, but you might not even know it. It might be Chad from Alpha Tau Phi or Lindy in your Chemistry lab - hell, it might even be your Community Assistant.

But, we are a smoke-free campus and drugs are kind of illegal, so do with that what you will.

10. U of A or ASU?

Let's not bring up that rivalry...

All in all, being an Arizona native with a flair for the Sun Devil lifestyle, I've found my home here on Tempe campus. Pitchforks up!