Things To Think About After Watching 'Us'

10 Things To Think About After Watching Jordan Peele's 'Us' Movie

*Spoiler alert, STOP reading if you don't want parts the movie to be ruined.*

279
www.screenrant.com
Monkeypaw Productions

The movie "Us" is a great thriller, as expected of Jordan Peele. There aren't too many jump scares, while the movie still gives you goosebumps and worries. Throughout the movie, you begin to question just exactly what will happen next. This movie leaves you wondering why things have turned to complete shit in this tethered world. Although the movie ends and some questions are answered, this does have a great opportunity at becoming a sequel.

These are just some of the many things to think about after the movie.

1. The first 30 seconds of the movie gives you foreshadowing of the whole movie... LOVE!

The beginning of the movie has several facts about the abandoned subways and mines under the United States. This goes toward explaining how the tethered got around and where they lived in their everyday lives... or almost lives.

2. As soon as the scene in the house of mirrors ended, I knew Adelaide had been switched.

I kept whispering the whole movie, "The evil one took her spot." I got more and more clues to prove this, such as her grunting noises, her inability to speak when she was brought home, and how much she didn't remember about being in that place. Also, the "evil" Adelaide COULD speak, which meant she was different... because she was actually good.

3. The white tethered woman cutting her face.

She started to cut her face because of the way the good woman got plastic surgery work done. This was her mocking the damage done to her tethered skin.

4. Jacob knew.

In the end, it is clear that Jacob knows that his mother is really the one without the soul. He just doesn't know how to treat her because that IS HIS mother, but it's also someone without a soul. I say he should have ratted her out. I mean, she did choke and strangle her counterpart just so that she could be happy. Very soulless and evil, if you ask me.

5. US... U.S. United States?

I love the United States reference that could be coming from the title. I mean, the movie is about projects that get started to control minds. Sound like any social media or news outlets that we know of? It also sounds like gentrification in a way. Starting/building something that will change all of the people around it to make something better.

Then, the projects get tossed aside and disregarded as if they don't matter, which happens with a lot of the homeless people in the U.S. Everyone wants to raise money for other starving and homeless countries, but what about all of the homeless in this country?

6. Logistics make no sense. 

The logistics of the way the trapped good Adelaide made all of this happen is life unanswered and doesn't make much sense. How was she able to get the tethered to stop doing what their counterparts do and start thinking for themselves?

7. Misleading trailer.

I hate when trailers give away all the good stuff in the movie and the "Us" trailed DID NOT do that. I was definitely not expecting the entire world to have these tethered counterparts. It was a great surprise to find out that this was happening to everyone and not just this one family.

8. The bunnies.

The bunnies were probably the test trials in the tethered experiment by the government, and when the program was shut down, they became the food for the tethered. It's a disappointing way to see them go as they were bloody and grotesque in one scene.

9. "Us" connection to real world.

This made me think that there are really other worlds and dimensions that are affected by the choices we make, and I had to ask myself one very eerie question. Am I the one making bad decisions or is there some counterpart out there making decisions that are really messing up my life sometimes?

Who's really at fault? Is this why I sometimes have no good reason for making my decisions? Could it be that I'm not actually making all of the decisions by myself?

10. What next?

The tethered have a great plan and make a great stand, and they show that they're a force to be reckoned with. But what next? What happens after they all stop holding hands? Do they take over society? How would they do that seeing as though they don't really know how to operate or use any technology?