10 Struggles Of Being A Smart Airhead

10 Struggles Of Being A Smart Airhead

"Dumb is just not knowing. Ditzy is having the courage to ask." - Jessica Simpson

17284
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/legally-blonde-trivia_n_4847361.html

Ditzy people get a bad rep. Yes, sometimes we say and do some pretty silly things, but that doesn't mean we're dumb. We're just a little scatterbrained. There are a few gaping blind spots in our knowledge of the world, but sometimes street smarts and book smarts just don't mix. You might say a lot of airhead things, maybe you're clueless on a few aspects of the real world or maybe you think tuna is a type of chicken, but these brain farts are just a distraction from the fact that you're actually pretty dang smart.

1. Your friends think you're an idiot.

It doesn't matter how high your GPA is or how many tests you ace, they will never forget that you came to college without knowing how to peel a banana.

2. People are genuinely shocked any time you say something clever.

It's rare, but sometimes you're quick witted and slip out something so smart the rest of the room just stares at you. Especially when someone brings up the topic you're secretly a genius in and suddenly your friends look at you like you're some kind of alien.

3. On occasion, you do make a complete fool out of yourself.

The world is hard! There's so much information to take in and so many different meanings to comprehend and sometimes brains just don't work like they should so you say something stupid. It just happens.

4. People outside of your classes assume you're failing all of them.

Nope. My sometimes lacking common sense actually doesn't correlate with my grades.

5. OK, sometimes you play into the idea of being dumb.

At this point, most of the people around you have labeled you however they see fit. It's a little amusing to play up the stereotype and see what you can get away with.

6. People tend to patronize you.

First off, calling someone dumb is just rude. Talking to someone like they're a child is just annoying. The combination of this is just insulting. It may be hard to believe, but being ditzy does not equate to being helpless.

7. You're slightly terrified of interviews or any important face to face meeting.

Your resume may be perfect, but the chance that you'll slip up and say something less than intelligent is basically a paralyzing fear.

8. People think your hair color matters.

We get it, blonde jokes are hilarious. Now shush.

9. Some people are pissed if they find out you're smarter than them.

You tend to keep your academic success to yourself because people tend to be pretty angry when they figure out the person they pegged as stupid is actually doing a lot better then them.

10. You're constantly being underestimated.

Ditzy people are put into a category of dumb girls that'll never make it past high school graduation. Just try not to be too shocked when we use our secret smarts and obvious ditz to trick you on our way to rule the world.