The 10 Struggles of a Shopaholic

The 10 Struggles of a Shopaholic

“When I shop the world gets better.” – Confessions of a Shopaholic

88
The 10 Struggles of a Shopaholic
blog.mint.com

When you find yourself in a bad place, retail shopping is always your solution. However, not everything about being addicted to shopping is easy...even if it is rewarding.

1. You have no money.

The second you get some cash, whether it be in the form of birthday money or a pay check, you find yourself on your computer falling in love with another $270 Anthropologie coat.

2. You can convince yourself that you need things.

"I don't have very many coats...let alone a long trench coat that I could dress up or down... I need this because I don't have anything like it...and I have some money in my savings so it's no problem!"

3. You get a confidence boost every time you wear a new article of clothing out.

Just like runners get their second win of adrenaline, you feel brand new when you add that one new piece to your already overflowing closet. An endless combination of outfits within that one piece gets you excited to debut it for the first time.

4. When a new trend comes along you’re a victim of the bandwagon.

Your thought process: "Everything is wearing it... I must have it."

5. Fashion disasters are your favorite thing to fix.

If you found someone on the street who needed some serious help stepping up their fashion game for the betterment of their ego you would spend every last penny helping them become their best fashionista self.

6. You love shopping.

Plain and simple, you don’t love spending money. You just love getting things, whether it's for yourself or anyone else! You love buying presents for others for any occasion that you know they’ll love. People always say you’re the best at giving gifts, because let's face it, you are!

7. You have more promotion mail than you can keep track of.

Emails and postcards galore! The majority of your mail is from places you’ve shopped at once telling you that new goodies are in stock or that they’re having free shipping. Every time you try to unsubscribe from a shop your mind gets the better of you, convincing you that you need to know when you can get designer jeans on sale at Bloomingdales.

8. Sales are your weakness.

When you want something that’s expensive at full price you can pretty easily tell yourself not to get it… but when it goes on sale…that’s a different story.

9. You know that these companies are playing you.

Yet you fall for it again and again. You know that Bath and Body Works sells their 3-wick candles for $8.50 once a year but every time they advertise $10 you have the gut urge to buy five just in case it turns out to be the best sale all year; not to mention you’re almost out of last year’s Leaves, Sweater Weather, and Mahogany Teakwood.

10. Online shopping is the invention of the devil.

You see something cute on Wanelo and then proceed to go to the products website. You then put the product in your cart. Then you get it in every color. And then you find out that jeans are on sale! You also see that they have sweaters and you definitely need sweaters… And their boots are so cute! Until you realize that your total has reached $500 dollars. Then you proceed to complain to your roommate about how you need all of those items for weeks on end just until something goes on sale and you buy it.