The 10 Stages Of Going Back To School After Winter Break

2623
blog,questia.com

For about the last month of school during the fall semester, students yearn for Winter Break because it means an escape from work and responsibility. Returning home is especially sweet just after exams, and many view this return home as a return to the promised land after a hard two weeks. Although being home can be quite pacifying, all too quickly it's time to return to school and most are anxious to get out of their house. With the start of a new year and a new semester, coming back to school after break promises new excitements. However, most forget the work load that awaits them upon return, reminding us that college is definitely not all fun.

1. Missing school because it begins to feel like you're in high school:

No matter how old you are, parents always seem to treat you like a child again upon returning home. This can get very frustrating very quickly, making going back to school seem that much more exciting.

2. Missing your friends from school:

Not being able to see your best friends for weeks is definitely torture and as soon as you go home, you start to miss them.

3. Packing to go back to school:

Frantically packing to go back to school is one of the most exciting times of break because you know you're so close to being back.

4. The trip back to school:

Not being able to control your excitement becomes a very realistic expectation for your trip back. Make sure to apologize to those around you for the bombardment of stories about exciting times at school.

5. Reuniting with friends after weeks of separation:

Three weeks apart seems much more like a year when you're used to being with someone all the time and reuniting with friends is often very dramatic. Jump hugs are a requirement.

6. Going out for the first time after getting back:

One thing is for sure, friends are enablers and the over-excitement of returning to school paired with being reunited with friends often leads to bad decisions. At this point, you've just got to go with it.

7. Going back to class:

Going through the syllabus and realizing all the work to come can be very overwhelming. So going back to class only reminds us of why we were so excited to have a break in the first place.

8. Getting an assignment on the first day:

"But professor, we just got back from break."

9. Getting your first grade back in the new semester:

There's nothing like the first grade of a new semester to put you back in your place.

10. Beginning the countdown to summer vacation:

Once the work load sets in, obviously the rational thing to do is daydream about summer and its promise of no responsibility.