10 Stages Of Getting Ready For A Night Out

As told by a girl with too many outfit options and not enough time to try everything on

35
http://laurenmcglynnphotography.com

Getting ready for a night out is not just something one does with ease. Far from it, actually. Truthfully, it's more of an art form, one which takes experience, tact, and practice to perfectly master. It requires being able to perfectly time every minute right, from working up the energy to get yourself out of bed, to walking out the door looking like the war zone you turned your room into doesn't bother you at all. And let's be honest, it really (really) doesn't.

1. Confirmation of plans

Before you commit to dedicating the amount of time it would take you to bang out that English essay due in two days to getting ready instead, you obviously must check with the group chat to make sure that the plans are still on.

.

2. Getting out of bed

Plans are on, and you now have two hours to go from being in bed with a snack, watching Netflix, and wearing the same clothes you slept in last night (and went to class in today...but who has to know that, right?) to a girl who looks ready to conquer the world...or maybe just the bar advertising "dollar beers" that night, same difference. But who has the energy for that?

3. Showering

The part of getting ready that determines whether or not you're really going to be ready to go when you said you would. Everything depends on how quick you can make this shower. If it's too long, blowing your hair might be out of the question, on the other hand, if you can cut it short, there's no doubt that you'll have time to straighten...what's it gonna be?

4. Picking an outfit

So your quick shower was a success! You have enough time to pick an outfit and actually go through options and straighten your hair, we'll consider this a victory, that is until you realize you've got no clue what to wear...

5. Trying everything on

...which leads you to pull everything out of your closet and drawers, resulting in attempts to try on six outfits at once, and ultimately leaving your room in utter shambles

6. Doing your hair

So there are a few outfits left to pick from, but you've narrowed it down considerably, so it's time to do your hair. Do you straighten? Curl? Loose curls? Up? Down? Half and half?? Ugh.

*Side note-you're lying if you say you didn't spend two full minutes watching this GIF appreciating the fact that Miley Cyrus is capable of pulling off any and every hairstyle, color, and length possible*

7. Check the clock

Time check! One hour down, one to go. You totally have enough time to FaceTime your best friend and ask her how your hair looks...and if she likes all your outfit options...and which eyeshadow she thinks you should use...okay, this could take a while...

8. Makeup

Hands down the most fun part of the entire process. You get to be your own little idea tester-mixing shades and layering mascaras. Plus you get to break out the super expensive eyeshadow palette you begged your mom to buy for you before school that you completely forgot was hiding in the bottom of your makeup bag...oops!

9. Getting dressed

So close! All you have to do is choose between the handful of super cute/trendy/flattering outfits you have left, and you're basically ready to walk out the door!

10. Pictures (obviously)

Because what's a good night out without an insta-worthy pic with your best friends by your side? (before being covered in the content of other people's cups, that is).