10 Songs To Help Heal Your Broke Heart This Valentine's Day

Heartbreak hurts — there is no denying that. But sometimes, music is just the quick fix you need.

209
Unsplash

Nothing can prepare you for your first heartbreak. Or any heartbreak, really. It hurts like hell and it feels like your world is crashing down. It seems that everything you ever knew was wrong. You struggle to eat, to sleep, to pick yourself, to do the natural everyday motions. Sometimes the overflowing of emotions is impossible to put into words, but music helps with that. Plus, it's nice to know that someone else has gone through the same thing as you. Heres a short playlist for anyone who recently experienced their first heartbreak or anyone who needs a good cry sesh-

1. All Out of Love — AirSupply

"I know you hurt too but what else can we do"

So incredibly cheesy and a total classic, but don't let that steer you from the lyrics of this song. Sometimes timing and circumstances just aren't right and you have to believe that if it's meant to be, it will be.

2. From the Dining Table — Harry Styles

"Even the phone misses your call, by the way"

The person you once spent nearly every waking moment with — your best friend, your family, your counselor, your advisor — is suddenly gone. Mr. Harry Styles explains the emptiness you feel after your breakup. The person who was once everything to you is no longer there. You have to rebuild a new support system and it's not easy.

3. Beautiful Trauma — P!nk

"These tough times they keep coming, last night I might have messed it up again"

No relationship is perfect. Each has its challenges and its messed-up times. Your partner is 'your drug'- always what you turn to when it all feels too much. Hang tight to the person who sticks with you through these tough times and holds your hand through the most awful storms.

4. I Almost Do — Taylor Swift

"And I wish I could run to you. And I hope you know that every time I don't, I almost do"

Nearly any T-Swift song will get you in the feels. This one clearly depicts how hard it is to not pick up the phone and call the person who normally makes everything better. The person you come to after a rough day. But you can't. And you're left wondering if they're wanting to do the same.

5. I Know You Care — Ellie Goulding

"And I know the worst of it wasn't all that it seemed"

Sometimes it's not that neither of you stopped caring, it just felt like too much at the time. Sometimes you just ignored the warning signs and it was too damaged before you started to pick up the pieces.

6. It's Too Late — Carole King

"One of us is changin', or maybe we've just stopped tryin'"

An oldie, but a goodie. A song to appreciate the relationship and memories you once shared with a person. It was good while it lasted, but something just didn't work. But you will be okay, with or without that person.

7. Consequences — Camila Cabello

"Found loving you was sunshine, but then it poured"

This is a song to remind you that your relationship wasn't perfect. It was amazing, but it hurt. There were good times, but there were also bad times. Sometimes you just have to decide whether those bad times were worth that pain.

8. Liability — Lorde

"Says he made the big mistake of dancing in my storm,"

Definitely a tune to cry to when you don't feel enough. We all battle our own demons and you need to grow and build each other up along the way. But someday someone will make you feel like your 'issues' aren't baggage. Someone will love all of the 'messed up' parts of you.

9. My Own — Whitaker

"Does this love exist, or is it just a fire keeping out the cold"

Timing plays such a big part in relationships. You almost wish you had met someone a little sooner, or a little later. It's hard to grow with someone, even if they are the love of your life. It's work, and there are times where you just have to believe that if will work out if its supposed to.

10. Bruises — Lewis Capaldi

"I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind"

You don't want to lose hope. You want to believe that this hurt will go away and the person who always made everything feel alright was going to do that for you. Sometimes it's not the case, but it's hard not to hope that the person you love will come back.