10 Songs To Help Get You Through Finals Week

Audio Inspiration to Help You Survive College Finals Week

59
flippenmusic.com

It is once again that time of the year

The warm weather is here to stay, the spring semester is winding down to an end, and it's almost time to return home to our friends and family for Summer Break. But we're not out of the woods yet. Stress levels are at an all time high, exams are just around the corner, and we've got less than two weeks to save the semester. That means late nights spent in the library studying. That means questioning every decision you've made this semester that led to the existential crisis you're currently in. That means it's time to get your act together and hit the books hard because let's face it; the pain is temporary, but GPA is forever.

But fear not! When it feels like you're losing hope and nobody can help you pull it together, there is solace to be found in the music and study jams you play to accompany you through the crisis known as college finals. Here are some tracks to keep you pumped, motivated, and confident enough to conquer your finals finish the semester strong.

1.) Under Pressure - Queen feat. David Bowie

Perhaps under pressure is an understatement to describe the stress you're under right now, but that catchy bass line and the vocal talents of our beloved Freddie Mercury and David Bowie are more than inspiring enough to keep you studying hard and tapping your foot to the beat while you do it.

2.) Stronger - Kanye West

This iconic collaboration between Daft Punk and the self-proclaimed "greatest artist to have ever lived" will have you feeling superhuman and ready to conquer even the nastiest of your exams. You might not love Kanye as much as Kanye loves Kanye, but this track is guaranteed to have you going harder, better, faster, and stronger than ever before.

3.) The Walker - Fitz and the Tantrums

Here we go! Finals have got you doing some weird things like setting nap alarms for 5:03pm and going out for milkshakes at two in the morning with your friends. Sometimes you've got to march to your own beat and do things your way to get through this confusing and difficult time and this upbeat catchy song will have you whistling and snapping your fingers through it all.

4.) Midnight City - M83

It's twelve in the morning and past the point of no return; you know you aren't sleeping well tonight and might as well hang around the library and pound out a few more hours of study. This track will keep you going with its iconic catchy electronic riffs and mesmerizing saxophone solos. If you're feeling Yeezy, check out The White Panda's mashup of this song featuring Kanye's verses.

5.) Rock n Roll - Avril Lavigne

Finals week will put you in any number of moods or attitudes and sometimes the punky 'f#ck it' attitude is just the one you need to get off your bum and hit the study grind. Avril captures that perfect 'f#ck everything' mood in this rebellious jam and it might be just the song you needed to hear to get out that rage and angst that was bound to come undone during the most stressful time of the semester. Just be careful of bearsharks and try not to wrap your car around a tree.

6.) Mr. Brightside - The Killers

I just can't look, it's killing me! Despite how stressful and discouraging exams can be, we've got to stay positive and keep working our hardest at it! Yeah you might feel dead inside but exam week doesn't last a lifetime; it lasts only a few, long, dreadful days. So front a smile anyway and try your hardest not to sing every word to this song, it might be just enough to keeping you going these next few days.

7.) Irresistible - Fall Out boy feat. Demi Lovato

Who would have ever thought that the boys in Fall Out Boy would team up with former Disney-Star Demi Lovato to deliver this confident track so full of swagger and varying vocal talent. This track is must for keeping your head up, confidence in your step, and a beat in your step when walking into your next exam.

8.) Stressed Out - Twenty One Pilots

Finals week has me wishing I could turn back time and go back to the days when my only worry in the world was waking up at 8am on saturday mornings so I could catch all the new episodes of my favorite cartoons. Now, we college students have to worry about working a job, paying bills, finding living arrangements, filling out financial aid forms, looking for internships and studying up for finals, all while getting enough sleep at night and getting enough meals in a day. It's got us feeling beyond stressed out.

9.) Hakuna Matata (or any Disney Song for that matter)

It means no worries for the rest of your days! Except for the next few days you'll be freaking out the next few days trying to manage your exam schedule. But whenever Hakuna Matata or any Disney Song comes on, you can momentarily forget all your worries and just sing along to all your favorite Disney songs that you grew up with.
Pro tip: the Disney Song experience only improves when you have friends to sing them with!

10.) Victorious - Panic! At The Disco

This is it! Finals are over and you've survived another semester! You and all your friends are VICTORIOUS! So raise your fist up high, pour a glass of your sparkling beverage of choice, and have a toast to you and all your friends who made it through another trying time of college finals! Here's to you!

Study hard, sleep well, and best of luck on all your finals!!!