10 Signs You've Been Away From Home For Too Long

There's nothing better than your own bed.

277
LaurelPhotoandCraft

There is nothing better than pulling into your driveway at home after a long time being away. Sometimes you've been away for so long that things have changed and you have forgotten what it's like to live in your city for even a week. Here are some signs that you've been away from home for too long.

1. You drive through town and think, “Where did all of these buildings come from?”

So. Many. New. Buildings.

2. You have to get used to the rearranged furniture.

S/O to my mom who put a new table right next to our couch. I walk into that table every day when I'm home because I'm not used to it being there.

3. You live for your pet’s reaction as you reunite.

4. You forget the garage door code.

Because I'm so used to the code at my sorority house (Hint: the sorority house code won't open your garage at home)

5. You don’t even know what to do about your closet.

Do you unpack your suitcases and hang your clothes in your closet? Or do you live out of your suitcases for a while? It's a struggle to choose.

6. You are shocked by how many food options there are.

Snacks. Good snacks.

7. You are surprised by the fact that there is practically an endless supply of hot water.

8. You forget the luxury of a comfortable couch to nap on.

Especially after a large meal like Thanksgiving.

9. You mix up the TV channels and radio stations.

10. You have a hard time leaving.

But also, your friends back at school await.