10 Signs You Are Definitely Sleep Deprived

From the Experienced College Student

17
Hernan Sanchez

Okay, so you caught me... this week I finally got so sleep deprived I actually didn't shower for 3 days because it seemed like too much effort. I also wore a sweater backward all day long and I'll-be-damned if the wall doesn't move at 4 pm in the afternoon after I have been up for what seems like 36 hours straight.

Yes, I am not writing this list because I thought oh wow college students need to hear the signs of sleep deprivation. I am writing this from a week (+) worth of experience and boy should you be warned. Once you get it all fixed and you get to sleep again.... all is right with the world.

- Love your favorite sleep-deprived writer/college student.

1. You never know what day it is.

Sometimes it's Wednesday when it's Friday and sometimes it's Friday when it's Wednesday.

2. You are always hungry and eating.

Literally, you always want food. Everything sounds good at all hours of the day.

3. You see things that are not there.

Sometimes the wall moves. Sometimes there is an extra shadow that you see.

4. You start crying over running out of milk when you wanted cereal.

Your emotions are completely out of whack and you cry or get mad at things that are silly.

5. Your eyes start to blur every once in a while and you feel like your eye balls are dirty.

Sometimes after no sleep, your brain forgets to function properly.

6. You don't realize that you put your sweater and underwear on inside out, until 4 pm after you've worn them all day.

7. You become more clumsy.

The wall jumps out of nowhere as you walk into it. Or that chair leg that's always there seems to be in your way suddenly because you stub your toe.

8. You find yourself zoning out in mid conversation or thought and staring at an object but not seeing it at all.

9. You totally look hung over when you are not.

10. The simplest things like taking a shower feel like too much effort.