They say that a dog is a man's best friend. This is true for women in many cases as well. I think it's safe to say my obsession with my dog is borderline crazy. Here are ten signs that you may have this same obsession:
1. You always want to hold and snuggle them, to the point where it annoys them.
You've definitely been guilty of trying to snuggle up next to them during their nap because they just look so darn cute. Which sometimes results in them getting annoyed that you disturbed their sleep and moving across the room.
2. You miss them the most when you're away from them.
You can call your mom. You can call your dad. You can call your siblings. But you can't call your dog. Relationships with dogs need to be made face-to-face, and so your parents can't blame you when you miss your dog more than them.
3. You find yourself looking at pictures of them for fun in your spare time.
More often than you'd like to admit, you find yourself browsing through the Camera Roll on your phone, looking at pictures of your dog or re-watching that video of them for the 100th time. And usually while you do this your face is plastered with the biggest smile. So next time you see me smiling at my phone, no I'm not texting a boy, I'm probably just looking at pictures of my dog.
4. You sing to them and replace words in the song with their name.
Tell me you don't do this and I'll show you a liar.
5. You get excited when your plans fall through because that means you get to hang out with your dog.
Dinner and a movie with your friends = $30.
Hanging out with your dog all night = Priceless.
6. You have full- on conversations with your dog as if they can understand a word you're saying.
Sure, you're dog understands a bit of the English language, such as good boy/girl, outside, treat, sit, etc. But for the most part, they usually have no idea what you're talking about. Yet you continue to talk to them and tell them things as if they know exactly what you're saying. 'Cause your dog just gets you like no one else does, right?
7. Their toys cover every inch of your house but it doesn't bother you.
Clutter usually bothers you but when it comes to your dog’s toys you find comfort in seeing them all over your house. Your dog has way too many toys, and most of them are missing an eye by now, but you can't bring yourself to throw away a single one.
8. Your dog sleeps where you sleep.
They've mastered the art of the puppy dog eyes and you simply can't resist. You'll even give them the pillow you usually use if they look cute enough.
9. You have about 100 nicknames for them.
From terms of endearment such as baby and boo, to every adaption of their actual name possible, to random nicknames that make no sense whatsoever, you call your dog everything in the book. And they respond to each one.
10. You truly believe your dog is the cutest dog in the world.
And you are willing to argue with anyone who says otherwise.