10 Reasons You Should Watch "Shadowhunters"

There is something for everyone.

61
ShadowhuntersTV Instagram

Bless the day when I found out about Shadowhunters, a loose adaptation of Cassandra Clare's book series The Mortal Instruments. It is one of the best shows on TV right now, and if you love supernatural elements in shows, then this right up your alley. The series was first released in January of 2016 and the third season has just begun, so if you haven't seen it, there's just enough to catch up on.

1. Badass women.

These women are literally kicking ass and taking names. They are not depicted as damsels in distress who require the protection of men. They can use swords, they know hand-to-hand combat, and it is f*cking empowering for all women.

2. LGBTQ representation.

There is nothing better than being represented in the forefront of the entertainment industry. LGBTQ people are represented as there is a bisexual Warlock who is dating an openly gay Shadowhunter. Seelies are supposedly all bisexual, but we are still waiting to see more of the relationships between Seelies and other people of the Shadow World. Most importantly, the relationship depicted is a stable one.

3. The cast is amazing AND racially diverse.

There is nothing better than looking at beautiful people from all backgrounds who look like you. The entire cast is beautiful and well-built. The cast is also racially diverse. There are Latinos, Middle Eastern, Black, White and Asian people represented onscreen through this show.

They also seem to genuinely get along with each other. They always show love to each other on social media and whenever they make public appearances together.

4. It has supernatural elements

If you really love supernatural shows, you will definitely love this show. It has a variety of supernatural creatures. Nephilim, Warlocks, Vampires, Werewolves, Seelies, Angels, Humans, and all types of Demons. They are there in every episode giving their all to you!

5. It will take you on an emotional rollercoaster

The show has its ups and downs, and it takes you along on the ride. It will make you laugh, cry, feel love, relate to the characters and their issues, cry some more and then laugh again. But in a good way. Watch it, and you'll see.

6. The cliffhangers will keep you wanting more.

Seriously, the storylines and the characters will keep you wanting more. The producers will literally leave you on the edge of your seats and then keep you waiting for a week before you get a new episode. However, they always leave that feeling in you that keeps you coming back for more.

7. The relationships.

There are a lot of characters on the show, and so each of the relationships depicted are unique in their own way. The relationships are well thought out, and the actors do a great job with their characters.

8. Seriously, Malec (is OTP) #MalecStan

Malec = Magnus (Bane) + Alec (Lightwood). They are literally goals! They will give you all the #MalecFeels that will make your #MalecHeart melt all day long. Their relationship is so precious, and they will make you want to watch every week just to follow their storyline. They have a beautiful relationship, and they are #goals.

9. You'll want a Parabatai.

A Parabatai is your other half who feels what you feel no matter the distance. Your souls are connected, but you are not soulmates because by default you cannot have sexual relations with your Parabatai. However, you will want to look for that one person who knows everything about you and just gets you.

It like the equivalent of a Christina + Meredith relationship. Your Parabatai is YOUR PERSON.

10. The fandom Stans.

This fandom is solid af! You will definitely feel like you are part of a community where you see edits upon edits for the show. Fans represent the show on all forms of social media, and you do not want to mess with them. The best part is that the cast regularly interacts with the fans of the show.

Most importantly, ALL are welcomed into the fandom.

NOW, What are you waiting for? Go, go, go watch the show!!!! Tuesdays 8/7c on Freeform.