Ten Reasons Why You Should Love Alex Gaskarth

Because you should, evidently you need more reasons.

424
Tumblr

Behind the music are the band members, who are major contributors to forming the personality of the bands, the other major part being the music itself. These musicians have personalities that can sometimes make or break a band. Luckily for All Time Low, their lead singer is extremely lovable. Listed below are reasons why.

1. Because he's Alex Gaskarth.

There you go. All the reason you need. Article is concluded.

Not enough? Okay, moving on.

2. Fantastic sense of humor.

I could honestly make an entire blog filled with screenshots of his humor to be honest.

3. Offers free hugs. Who doesn't like free hugs?

Unfortunately we are never in the same vicinity for me to collect one of those free hugs but I'm happy for anyone who does get that magical experience... and by happy I mean jealous.

4. The love for his fans is undeniable.

Excuse me while I wipe away a tear.

5. He always has inspirational advice.

Someone make him a quote book please. Like one of those daily advice books, call it "365 Days of Advice from Alex Gaskarth". I'd buy that.

He also just completely gets what it means to love a band so much.

In case you can't see the font clearly, it reads, "Loving a band with all your heart is something you only understand when it happens to you. On the surface, others can see it as a petty obsession, but they'll just never know the feeling of putting so much faith into a few people on the other side of the world. It's hard to explain it to them, the listening to song after song on repeat, the waits for new albums, the excitement and surreal sensation when you finally see them live. They don't seem to understand why the lyric booklets give you a sense of comfort, or why you paste photos of them all over your bedroom walls. And they can't understand why one band could matter to you so much. And you think to yourself 'Because they saved my life.', but you say nothing; they wouldn't understand."

Pretty on point, right?

6. He worked hard to make his dream a reality.

Now I know this sounds cheesy, but getting yourself to the level at which they are at right now is no joke. It takes serious effort and dedication, and staying as humble as they have been as a band is truly admirable. Seeing their success as a band, maintaining a down-to-earth mindset and constant connection with the fans, who are the reason they are what they are today, is quite inspirational.

7. Can we talk about the lyrics for a second?

That's deep. One of my favorite lyrics.

And look at this description for the "Missing You" music video (which you should watch if you haven't already) on their site.

If that doesn't display meaning in a song (which a lot are lacking nowadays), then I don't know what does. The music is the centerpiece of a band, and if it doesn't mean anything then what's the point?

8. Doesn't take himself overly seriously. Man knows how to have a good time.

He knows how to have fun and joke around. It's quite commendable how he doesn't care what people think about him. He just has fun because someone's happiness is going to stem from his actions. And that's what matters right?

9. He's classy.

Be classy, stay sassy. 'Nuff said.

10. He has stuck and continued to live out his dream with his best friends for over a decade now.

And they're still going strong. Can't wait for the next album/tour.

I know gifs and a few words aren't enough to sum up the love some have for this man, myself included. He's genuine, he cares, and it is just really a respectable person. Anything I've listed above is not enough to show why you should love Alex Gaskarth, but actions speak louder than words, and I think Alex has proven himself time and time again what he is worth, not that he had to prove anything to anybody anyways. If you're into pop punk music and for some strange, odd reason haven't heard of All Time Low, you should definitely give them a shot. Go forth and bless your ears.