10 Reasons Why I Want To Be a Nurse

10 Reasons Why I Want To Be a Nurse

"Our job is to love people. When it hurts. When it's awkward. When it's uncool and embarrassing. Our job is to stand together, to carry the burdens of one another and to meet each other in our questions." — Jamie Tworkowski

22223
10 Reasons Why I Want To Be a Nurse

I truly believe that nursing is one of the greatest professions on this earth. It is demanding, but very rewarding. I haven't started my nursing career yet, but I am in college pursuing a nursing degree. Often I get the question "Why do you want to be a nurse?" And sometimes, when I have 40 assignments and five chapters to read in one day I also question my decision to become a nurse.

Here are 10 reasons why I'm choosing to stick it out and become a nurse:

1. You get to help others in many different ways.

Basically, your job is to serve others. It takes special people to be able to do this well. I love getting to help other people and show them Christ's love, whether that be consoling them when a loved one passed or helping them get better when they are sick.

2. Every day will be different.

You will have many different patients and tasks. Needless to say, no day will be boring.

3. You get to wear scrubs to work.

Come on, who doesn't want to wear scrubs every day? They are super comfortable, cute, and professional. You don't usually find those three aspects in one outfit.

4. You have a very wide range of career paths.

You could be an ER nurse, neonatal nurse, geriatric nurse, oncology nurse, and the list goes on and on...

5. There will always be a need for nurses and the pay is pretty good.

Job stability is always a plus in career paths. Depending on your path, you could also make a lot of money.

6. The human body is amazing and I love learning about it.

The human body and its processes have always been intriguing and interesting to me. With a nursing job, you never stop learning about it.

7. One day when I'm out in public and something terrible happens or someone has a medical issue, I can say "I'm a nurse!" and help out.

I've seen this happen many times and so badly I wanted to be the nurse in the room and be able to save the day.

8. You get to make a difference.

Being nice and caring for someone who doesn't get that kind of treatment just might change their life.

SEE ALSO: To The Defeated Nursing Major, You'll Rise

9. You get to work with all kinds of cool medical equipment.

Every future nurse loves medical equipment and can't wait to use it all the time. We're nerdy and that's a good thing because our nerdiness will save lives one day.

10. You have one of the best jobs in the world.

Getting to help people while having fun and wearing cute scrubs sounds pretty great to me.