10 Reasons Why to Adopt a German Shepherd
popular

Looking to adopt a new pet is always exciting, but you do need to make sure to do your research before adding a new animal to your home. If you are considering adding a german shepherd to your family, here are a few things you should know before making that choice.

86772
Adopt a German Shepherd

German Shepherds are Super Smart

This is an extremely intelligent breed of dog. They are very clever and will need to be given plenty of attention and enrichment toys.

German Shepherds don't have major health problems

This breed, unlike many other purebred dogs, does not have a high chance of suffering from any particular health issues. You will likely only have to take your German Shepard in for "well visits" with the vet.

German Shepherds can deal with changes easily

This breed is very "go with the flow". They do not suffer from anxiety when they are in new environments like many other breeds.

German Shepherds are very active

If you are looking for a dog that can keep up with you on all your outdoor adventures, this is the perfect breed choice for you! German Shepherds are full of energy and love being outside. Chances are you will get tired long before your pup will.

German Shepherds are extremely loyal

German Shepherds are well known for their loyalty. They love their owners and will always want to be right beside you. If you want a pup that will be happy to see you every day, a German Shepherd would be a great choice.

German Shepherds are very protective of their owners

This breed is known for being very protective of its owners and make great guard dogs. German Shepherds are even what most police offices use for police dogs. Cops know how protective they are and know that they will do anything to keep their officers safe.

German Shepherds are easily trained

German Shepherds are one of the easiest dogs to train. So much that they are normally trained to assist all types of law enforcement officers. They can be trained to sniff out drugs, explosives, and even the remains of humans. That means that teaching you German Shepherd to shake hand will be a piece of cake.

German Shepherd is great in all climates

German Shepherds do well in every climate. They love the sun and water as much as the mountains and the snow. As long as they have someone to protect and love they can be happy and healthy in any climate.

German Shepherds are great with other animals

Even though German Shepards are highly loyal and protective, they love other animals and do great in homes with multiple pets. They will often take smaller animals under their wing and protect them.

German Shepherds are amazing with children

Sometimes When people think of this breed, the first image they see are police dogs mauling a bad guy. However, the German Shepherd is a very sweet breed. They are absolutely wonderful with children and will even help you keep an eye on their safety

The More You Know

All of these facts are just the tip of the iceberg. You need to continue your research and make sure you have all your questions answered before you decide if a German Shepard is right for your home. If you chose to add this breed to your home, remember you are committing to take care of this pup for the rest of their lives. Make sure that you are ready to give them a forever home and you will have a loyal and loving friend for life!