10 Reasons 'Once Upon A Time' Is The Best TV Show

"Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing."

689
Natalie Abrams via Entertainment

"Once Upon A Time" is my favorite television show. I recently discovered it, and as soon as I started watching it, I could not get enough. I ended up watching all five seasons in a month, and was able to catch up in time to watch season six's episodes on live television every Sunday night. For those of you who do not know what the show is about, it is about fairy tale characters who were cursed and sent to the real world. The show revolves around the heroine, Emma Swan, whose fate is to break the "Dark Curse" and restore everyone's happy endings. But the show is so much more than that. I think it is a wonderfully written show with something for everyone in the family. These are the ten reasons why I think Once Upon A Time is the best television show ever.

1. The Fairytale Characters

Who doesn't love a good fairytale? Seriously, this is a show with Snow White, Prince Charming, and the Evil Queen; how can you not love it?! Almost every episode features flashbacks to the Enchanted Forest. I thought the flashbacks would be annoying or confusing, but I ended up loving them. It is a fun touch to the show and, not to mention, the scenery is absolutely beautiful, which is always enjoyable.

2. Family

I think my favorite part of "Once Upon A Time" is the family-centered writing of the show. I love how everything comes back to the importance of family. The writers and actors created a beautiful relationship between the characters. Even though Emma seems to be the same age as her parents, you can see the love her parents have for their little girl and you get to see Emma's journey to become as close to them.

3. Emma's Character Development

Emma's character has changed so much from the beginning of the series to now. She finally has accepted her role as savior, and has finally come to the conclusion that, even though it felt like it, she was not alone her whole life. I love Emma's story, and I usually cry when she talks about growing up alone without her parents. You are able to see the full devastation of the Dark Curse as Emma had to go through life on her own and believe that no one wanted or loved her. Then her parents have to see her pain, knowing that they sent her to be alone in the world in order to save everyone.

4. The Evil Queen

Regina is definitely my favorite character. I love her as both the Evil Queen in the flashbacks and as the sassy mayor of Storybrooke. She is a very complex character, and I think her cynical attitude and sass steals the show.

5. Regina's character development

Another reason why I love Regina would be her character's development. She seriously developed into a totally different person throughout the seasons. You can start to see her soften and change throughout the first two seasons, especially when it had to do with Henry. But I think season 3 showed her good side, and it has to be my favorite season, mainly for that very reason.

6. Regina and Henry's Relationship

I love how Regina and Henry finally have that mother-son bond. I love watching moments the two of them share together, and one of my favorite moments of the show was when Henry finally chose to go home to Regina when she was hurting over Robin Hood.

7. Emma and Regina co-parenting Henry

I love how "Once Upon A Time" shows Emma and Regina learning that they can both be Henry's mother. It is very important to Henry that both moms are in his life, and really they are both his mom. Regina adopted him and raised him, and Emma gave birth to him and gave him up to give him his best chance. Both love him unconditionally and it is touching to see them fight for him together.

8. The Couples

The couples on the show are great. I am definitely a Captain Swan and Outlaw Queen fan. I love both couples equally and for different reasons. I love how all of the couples on the show balance each other out. Although I loved Neal, I believe Hook is perfect for Emma, and I love seeing them finally get their happy ending together.

9. The Villains

The villains are the best. Regina, Pan, and Zelena are my favorites. I have always loved Peter Pan and Wizard of Oz, so it was so fun to have these two be apart of the show. I love how the writers can work in all sorts of characters to fit into one big story line.

10. Believing in Happy Endings

But of course, happy endings are the main part of the show. Everyone is fighting to save their happy endings, and we are all rooting for them to do so, and along the way I like to think that we are getting some inspiration for fighting for our own happy endings.

I am glad that I found Once Upon A Time and I will always cherish the beloved characters and all they have gave to the show. I can't wait to see what the future holds for the show.