Kids Are The Coolest

Kids Are The Coolest

Kids are small, but they've got big hearts

17
Kids Are The Coolest
Dreamstime

All of us were once kids. In order to become adults, we all had to be kids at one point in our lives. Sure, it's hard to remember that our parents, even our grandparents, were once tiny little beings who had once been little babies and toddlers. Because we were all once kids, we all look back and see the things we used to hate as kids but we now wish was still a part of our lives. Kids see the world in such a different way. Kids are the coolest people ever, and here's why.

Kids say whatever is on their mind.

Sometimes kids say a little too much, but they don't have a filter! If they think something smells like a dirty diaper, then you'll know, and you'll want to change that. People are also more likely not to get offended if a kid says something because they understand that kid don't always know how to respectfully give constructive criticism.

Kids are a million times more open to change than most adults.

When kids are growing up, things are changing around them, but they don't really question it as much as adults do. You mean that little boy wants to wear a dress? That's fine with them, they still want to play in the sand, who cares what that other kid is doing.

Kids love to find games in everything.

Even the trip from the house to the car can become a game to a kid's eyes. Can they beat their parents to the car door? Can they pull on the handle five times before Mom gets the keys out of her car? Can they buckle in faster than their older sister? All of these and more become games to these kids, and that makes them even more motivated in everything they do. If you can find the game in anything, it's easier to be positive about it.

Kids accept everyone and anyone.

While it's true that kids don't have much of a filter about how they feel, they're still much more accepting than adults in a lot of ways. Adults like to form groups, judge others who aren't the same. Little kids just see another kid on the playground that they can play with. Who cares what color their skin is or how ratty their clothes are, that's another potential friend!

Kids don't care what other people think of them.

Not only are kids more accepting of others, but they can even be more accepting of themselves. Kids aren't thinking about what they're doing wrong in life. The worst they probably think about is dreading the next time they have to visit the doctor's office, or how boring a trip to the grocery store with mom might be. In general, though, they just want to find what makes them happy, they don't care what people think of it.

If you think it's weird, a kid will most likely love it.

Kids are weird as a whole. No one kid is exactly alike, no matter how much people seem to think. And that's mostly because they let all of their weird thoughts out and then as tons of kids' weird thoughts come together you get one giant weird idea. If you contribute to their weird thoughts, give them a weird idea to think about and expand on, they'll think you're one of the coolest adults alive.

For how little they are their imaginations are so big.

Their bodies are so little! They haven't had as much time to grow as other people because they haven't been around as long. Even so, their minds seem to be bigger than most adults. Maybe not physically, but mentally they definitely do. Sometimes the best ideas seem to come from kids, and adults figure out how to make ideas real things. But adults couldn't have come up with the ideas without the kids.

Pretend is one of the best games ever.

When I was little, I loved playing house or school. It used to be a game to pretend to have a job and be old. Now that we're growing up and discovering those pretend games are about to become our real lives, all I can think about is wanting to go back to pretend, but this time I want to pretend I'm a princess on a beautiful island that lets me ride around on unicorns all of the time. Kids like that stuff, too.

The world looks so much bigger through their eyes.

Like I said, kids are small. the world is 10 times bigger to them than us because they're ten times smaller. I didn't realize how small some things were until I grew up and had a second look. The thing is, the world is huge. The world is so big that we can't see from one side to the other because it's round and huge. We as adults seem to forget that a lot because everything is smaller than when we were younger. Kids are there to remind us that everything is a lot bigger than us still, even if we forget sometimes.

They're always running away from nap time because they want to explore.

I hated nap time in school. I always wished I could go back out and run around again. I would even giggle with my friends near me and make faces, not even always take a nap. Now, of course, I wish I had a nap time. I'm always running around doing some sort of adult task, and all I want is a scheduled nap time.

Kids are awesome. They're little but with big hearts and minds. They're some of the greatest people to talk to, and all they're running off of is their own minds. They haven't been studying for years, they're just observing and stating what they think. It's pretty interesting to hear what some kids come up with. Why can't we all have their awesome kid minds?