10 Reasons Why I'm Truly Thankful To Have A Little Sister

No one picks on my little sister.... except me.

1023
Amanda Lovelace

As an older sister, the joys and pains of having a little sister are experienced universally.

Time passes and you can look back at all the times you were glad that you had that little bundle of sunshine to keep you on your toes for all the best years. Older sisters around the world can definitely agree that having a little sister is something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season.

1. They make you feel motherly.

You made sure she got out of bed on time and prepared for school without stealing the shower for too long.When you go out, it usually happens that you get dumped with the responsibility of looking after her. No matter how much of a burden this happens to be sometimes, you realize eventually that you wish you’d actually enjoyed this sisterly bonding time.

2. Late night comfort.

Especially as younger children, it is not uncommon for sisters to share a bed or a room at least once in their lives. Not everyone is brave enough to sleep alone, and even though the big sister is supposed to be the tough one, it is comforting to see your adorable little sister sleeping soundly nearby. Oh, and let's not forget those late night movie sessions during the summertime when you could stay up all night without worrying about going to school.

3. Sharing personal item.

As well as the sharing of personal space, you realize eventually that you and your little sister have barely gone a day without sharing something: sharing a bathroom, shampoo, hairbrushes, cosmetics and clothes. However, once your younger sister got older, she would start stealing your clothes and all bets are off.

4. Your friends love her.

She is your little sister, so your friends automatically love her too. While sometimes it is tempting to exclude her from your group of friends, you have to admit that having her around makes everything a lot more fun.

5. She knows you better than anyone else.

She’s heard the words you talk at night in your sleep, she knows your bad habits, and let’s not forget – she’s probably seen you naked throughout her entire life. She gets you the best birthday presents, simply because she knows you so well.

6. You're daringly goofy together.

The most embarrassing moments of your life is shared with your younger sister. You belch louder, fart louder and laugh harder than you ever would around anyone else. You get to talk about strange and unspeakable things with the comfort of knowing that these moments stay between the two of you.

7. You miss her when she is gone.

Whether your sister went over to a friend's house for a sleepover or moved off to college, you missed your sister's larger-than-life prescence. After sleepover moving away from home for the first time, one of the first things you’ll probably miss is your sister’s presence bursting into your new-found freedom. You can’t help looking forward to seeing her again.

8. She's a style icon.

Whether it was makeup or clothes, you got a lot of style inspiration from your little sister. You’re the older sister, and may not be as in touch with the times as she is, so take her advice!

9. She listens to you.

You are closer to her age and she knows that she can talk to you about absolutely anything. You provide her source of comfort and guidance, no matter how much she hates to admit it, and while she may not always want to listen to what you have to say, your words mean more to her than you think.

10. It's impossible to stay angry at her.

She could be bratty, difficult, spoiled and impossible. All siblings argue at some stage, but the best thing about getting into an argument with your little sister is that there is no way of staying angry with her for long. No matter what she’s done, her characteristically annoying disposition is enough to make you love her again.