10 Reasons Traveling By Bus Is Awesome

10 Reasons Traveling By Bus Is Awesome

As opposed to planes and walking…

143
10 Reasons Traveling By Bus Is Awesome
Osman Rana on Unsplash

I have always been a lover of long road trips and traveling in general. I have been to many places using different means of transportation in the USA.

This made me discover that while bus travel might not be my absolute favorite way to travel, it’s still pretty awesome.

Many people miss out on the experience because of all the horror stories they’ve heard about bus trips in America. Here is why I think traveling by bus is an amazing experience.

1. There are charging outlets at every seat

I think this is actually a major pro. You can use your phone/laptop for hours without fear of it dying, as long you have your charger with you. So, you don’t have to think about conserving battery.

2. No need to put your devices in airplane mode

If you so desire, you can bring your own Wi-Fi router with you or keep using all the data you want during your journey. Why miss out on important news and social media while traveling?

3. No baggage weight limit

Why should you have to pack light? Pack as much junk as you want into your suitcase and you won’t get turned away!

4. No liquid or cosmetic regulations

Like a boss, you can have your box filled with perfumes and no one is going to bat an eye. No one is even going to search your luggage! You just stow your stuff in the luggage compartments and have a nice ride.

5. You can bring your own snacks

And eat them too. You can’t do that on planes or when you’re driving yourself. But if you take the bus, pack a nice meal and eat away.

6. There are rest stops during the journey

You don’t have to spend the entire journey seated. At the rest stops, you can get more food, use the bathroom and just stretch your legs!

7. You can get work done during the journey

If you have something important to do, what better time to do it than when you have absolutely nothing else to do?

8. The view

No need to feel claustrophobic when the large windows give a lovely view of woods, cities, houses and so on. If you get the chance to view the sunset from a bus, count yourself lucky.

9. It’s relatively inexpensive

When compared to taking a train or plane, bus travel is cheaper. You don’t have to spend big bucks to get somewhere!

10. It’s actually really safe

Contrary to popular belief, bus travel is one of the safest forms of land travel. The chances of accidents increase considerably when you drive, take a train or use a motorcycle.