Superbowl 50

Superbowl 50

Ten Reasons To Root For The Caroline Panthers

12
Superbowl 50

As you all may know, the Carolina Panthers have made it to Super Bowl 50. This will be the Panthers' second Super Bowl appearance, with the first going down in history as "Nipplegate" (courtesy of Janet Jackson). The Panthers suffered a snowy, heartbreaking loss to TB12's Patriots thanks to Adam Vinatari's 41-yard game winning field goal. That season the Panthers were led by the legendary Jake "The Earthquake" Delhomme who fell just short of glory, but, as Bob Dylan once wrote, "the times they are a'changin." The Panthers now have 6-foot-5, 245-pound Cam "Superman" Newton, who seems to be immune to kryptonite, as their QB, with offensive weapons like Ted Ginn Jr. and Jonathan Stewart. Even the defense is made up of highlight reel players like Luke Kuechly and Josh Norman... So in honor of the Panthers' SB50 appearance, here are 10 reasons to root for the Cats:

1. Riverboat Ron

Analytical Ron is the first Latino head coach in he NFL, and he's out there preaching Mike Ditka to the squad, giving him immediate legend status. Also, the guy's house burned down last year, so he definitely deserves a Super Bowl ring.

2. MVP

Hate him or love him, Cam Newton is an absolute spectacle. His athleticism and vision on the field make the Panthers a fun team to watch, and his enthusiasm and love of the game are contagious!

3. Luke Kuechly, Greg Olsen, Thomas Davis

These three guys are class acts. Kuechly and Davis are considered by many to be the best linebacker tandem in the league, and Olsen is one of the top tight ends in the league. They're great athletes, great football players, and gentlemen and scholars.

4. Mike Tolbert

5-foot-9, 243-pounds, 4.75 40-yard dash. It's like watching a small human tank run.

5. Never Won a Super Bowl

As I mentioned in the introduction, the Panthers have only played in one previous Super Bowl (XXXVIII), which resulted in a loss to the Patriots. The Panthers have a special team this year and it would be exciting to see a new team win.

6. Mary Ward

This young lady embodies the spirit of the Panthers joy and enthusiasm. With fans like that the Panthers should be able to reward them with a SB50 victory!

7. 15-1 Record

The Panthers have faced teams like the Packers, the Seahawks, and the Cardinals on the way to a 15-1 record that has taken them to SB50. The team with the best record doesn't always win, but hopefully this time they will!

8. This Guy's Song & Panther's Sounds

No explanation necessary.

9. Chef Curry

Steph Curry's dad, Dell Curry, spent 10 years with the Charlotte Hornets, making Steph a Charlotte-native and a huge Panthers fan. He's rooting for the Panthers and is really good at basketball. If you root for the Panthers then you'll be really good at basketball too!

10. Twitter Beef

Panthers ain't scared of no fight! Their twitter team has got the clever smack talk down.