10 Reasons You Should Consider Getting A Tattoo
popular

Times are changing, express yourself.

28205
Youtube

Impulsive should be my middle name for I grew up using Kim K’s famous quote of “You don’t put a bumper sticker on a Bentley.” Nonetheless, I recognize I am still in fact a Bentley, but a little self expression and black ink never hurt nobody. So, I was a little impulsive in getting two sets of quotes on my upper wrist as my friends got their second piercings, but I don’t regret a second of it. So here’s a few reasons as to why you should get a tattoo too.

1. Self-expression, like no other.

Yes, everybody is unique and we all come in different shapes, sizes, and colors but that doesn’t always show our personality. Just like getting a new hairdo to express yourself, to put a symbol or some words on your body gives a little piece of your inside on the outside. Self-expression is so powerful no matter the type, it’s beautiful too.

2. You can raise attention to something you care about.

One tattoo I’ve seriously considered is the colon. This raises awareness for those who suffer with mental illnesses. What better way to show that you care about something then get it tattooed on your body? To remind you everyday how much the cause means to you, whether it be for cancer, autism, everybody's passions deserve to be shown.

3. You can honor a loved one.

I know so many people who after a loved on passes they want to keep their memory alive by tattooing their name or a specific date to their body. So they can always be with you, in spirit and on your body.

4. Mantras are lifesavers - they could motivate you.

Back when I was dealing with pretty bad anxiety the one sentence that always used to help me was “It is what it is”. To get that on my body, to see it everyday, if you have anything like that, getting a tattoo of it would help on all sorts of levels.

5. They’re beautiful.

You’re literally getting art on your body. Am I the only one who adores going into art museums and gawks at all the gorgeous paintings? Majority of tattoo artists are trained professionals who could create literal art on your skin.

6. No one can take them away from you.

They’re permanent. They’re as permanent as it gets. (This could be a reason not to, depending on the person)

7. They’re really not as big of a deal as you think.

Yes, they’re permanent, yes I don’t think you should go and impulsively cover your body in ink, that being said the pain is not unbearable, the money is worth it, and if you don’t like it, create something better later on.

8. THEY’RE FLIPPING CUTE.

Just look, how could you not want this all over your body????

9. Color. So much color.

I’m a big sucker for pastels and rainbows and to get that on your body, how could you not love that?

10. Because you want to, and you can.

Do you need another reason?

As long as you’re eighteen if you’re not getting parental consent, you’re going about it in a safe and mature manner, and you think for a little about what you want, stop worrying about whether it’s going to stop you from a job or it’s going to wrinkle in thirty years. Times are changing, express yourself.