10 Reasons Why Summer Is The Best Time Of The Year

Is summer your favorite season too?

219
Genheration

Despite the sticky heat and frizzy hair that comes with warm weather, summer is the season everyone looks forward to. It is arguably the best time of the year (besides Christmas). Don't believe me? Fine, but don't exit out of this page just yet! Here are a few of the endless amount of reasons why the summer months are the best:

1. Time off from school

Summer is the only time where students can finally put down the textbooks, close their laptops and let lose! It is a much needed break from their busy schedules. It's nice to have a little extra free time and a little less stress.

2. Cute and colorful clothes

Summer clothes are super cute and totally effortless. You can throw on a sundress and a pair of comfortable sandals and still look amazing. Plus, you don't need to worry about lugging around a thick jacket or extra layers everywhere you go.

3. Outdoor concerts

Of course, you can enjoy live music at any point during the year, but you can't stand outside to watch a show when the is snow falling. There are thousands of outdoor concert venues to go to, and you only have a few months to enjoy them! So get out there and dance to some awesome tunes in the summer breeze.

4. Spending time outside

You know, there's an endless amount of activities you can do outside besides going to concerts. Camping, baseball games, swimming, bonfires, hiking, swimming and running are perfect ways to spend a warm day. Labor Day weekend will be here before you know it, so stay outside for as long as possible before it's time to go back to school.

5. Beach and lake days

Whether you live near the coast and can easily drive to the ocean, or you like spending time on a boat cruising around the lake, the summer is the perfect time to soak up the sun and take a dip in the water. Grab a few friends, some drinks and go! It is something everyone must spend at least one weekend doing.

6. Better music

Is it just me, or does it seem like artists wait to release their best music during the summertime? Maybe they do it because they know we're ready to listen or maybe everything just seems better during this season. Either way, I still believe that the best music comes out over the summer. It's just an observation, I'm not complaining!

7. Travelling

Summer equals vacation, which means it is time to pack your bags and head out the door. You could spend a week tanning on the beaches at a tropical island, posing for pictures in front of the Eiffel tower or taking day trips to cool spots near your hometown. It's important to take the opportunity to explore a new place, wherever that new place may be.

8. Losing track of time

The best feeling is knowing that you fall asleep and wake up whenever you feel like it. You can finally stop listening to your alarm clock. You don't need to keep track of what day of the week, or even what month it is.

9. Being tan

If you're anything like me, your skin looks a lot better after it has been kissed by the sun. You can throw your foundation out the window, because you won't need it for a few months. Tanning is also another fun summer activity. Who doesn't feel relaxed after spending the day lounging in your bathing suit by the pool?

10. Long drives with no destination

Plug in the aux chord, roll the windows down and start driving! There's no rush in the summer, so go for a nice drive with your friends. Singing along to your favorite songs in the car at the top of your lungs and exploring where new roads take you is always a good time. Plus, you could end up in a really cool place you didn't know existed before.