10 Reasons Why Planning Spring Break Is The WOAT And You Hate It
popular

Are the margaritas even worth it?

1793
Kristin Leblanc

With March right around the corner — and by corner, I mean 3 tests, 4 essays, and homework every night — everyone is getting excited for spring break: going to the beach, even though its 50 degrees, and having the time of your life with your friends. You are so excited but then you realize you have to plan it and during that planning time, all your excitement is down the toilet, just like all your money.

Here are 10 reasons why planning spring break is the worst.

1. No one knows where to go

When you finally get your group together and you make your group message everyone starts throwing out ideas. "Lets go to PCB!" Nope, not trying to get arrested. "What about Mexico?" Oh yeah, I heard the drug cartel is lovely in March. "What about a cabin in the woods?" No. Just no.

2. No one wants to take the responsibility

No one wants to be the one who finally makes the group get their stuff together and book a place. So you wait around until the last minute and it causes STRESS. And your face is already broken out and now this. Good.

3. You are under 25

For some reason that only God and the Lord and Savior Rihanna know rental companies do not rent to people under 25!!!! The most annoying thing in the world when you find the perfect house and NOPE because you aren't a quarter done with your life, you can't book it. I know people married with kids before the time they are 25!! Who picked that age?? I just want to talk.

4. Everyone is picky

Everyone wants different things and no one wants to settle. We have to have a pool. We need at least seven bathrooms. The house needs to be on the beach. I want a porch. Can we have pets? Is their a good view? My friends are going to be down there, let's stay near them. Everyone needs their own bed because I am not paying all this money to sleep on the floor.

5. No one will commit

Let me know why no one will reply in the group message. That one friend will not say yes even though you have asked 12 times. You're other friend "might have other plans." You still need to ask your mom but you already said yes so you are just hoping she will allow it. For weeks its just up in the air if everyone is actually going.

6. You are broke

You finally find a place that rents to under 25 or someone's mom saved the day and booked it for you and now you owe $200 just so you have a bed to sleep in. Last night you ate a McChicken and paid in change and now you have to cough up a couple hundred bucks... please excuse me while I cry.

7. You are still rocking your winter body

You are back to school after Christmas and things are not looking hot. Should I go to the gym? Yes. Am I going to the gym? Lol.

8. The weather

If you go to an island you don't have to worry about this, but if you go to Alabama or Florida, you really never know. Is it going to be cold or hot or rainy? Who knows. And as President Trump said "In the East, it could be the COLDEST [Spring Beak] on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!" Right on.

9. Thinking about the week after

You are planning your trip and you take a look at your syllabus and of course, you have a test and a project due the week after. How are you supposed to study for a test when you are relaxing on the beach? Can my project be about the best seafood in Florida?

10. It's all worth it!

After all the hassle and the multiple group messages and the calls to Barbara at the rental company and begging your parents to "borrow" some money, you finally can go have the best time with your pals! Say hello to all-nighters and beach parties and some good ole wholesome family fun!