10 Reasons Why Nurses Make The Best Friends

Because when you're puking your brains out... Who ya really gonna call?

1790
Blakelynn Sherouse

Many have that one friend, but if you're smart you'll surround yourself with at least a few. Nursing friends are the ones you want to be there when bad goes to worst. Because of their hectic lives, nursing friends may not always be there when you necessarily want them, but they are definitely there when you need them. If you are lucky to have friends that are nurses or nursing students treasure them and treat them well because you have no idea the things their eyes have seen. But to those of you that don't have a nursing friend, these are the reasons they are the best.... So get on the hunt! Befriend a nurse!

1. They tell the best stories.

No identifying pieces are ever told of course. #HIPAA

2. They have a great sense of humor.

It can sometimes be a sick sense of humor but we can nearly laugh at anything.

3. They are licensed and certified to save your life.

RN, BSN, ALS, BLS, and/or PALS, etc. after our name means YOU'RE GOOD.

4. They are always down to sit back and have a glass of wine with ya

"It's good for the heart..."

5. Round the clock medical advice.

"I know you're worried but it looks like a mosquito bite... I think you'll be fine."

6. Old hand me down scrubs for you to lounge in.

Yes, they are like PJ's you wear to work.

7. They are sarcastic and sassy.

We see private parts on the daily, what about your job?

8. They are honest.

"Yeah..... I would go get that checked out."

9. They can make a mean cup 'o Joe.

We run it through our veins in a 16 gauge IV before a shift.

10. They are trustworthy.

Taught confidentiality, we'll only tell our closest coworker. But we are here when you most need us.