10 Reasons Why You Need A Dog In Your Life

Because who wouldn't love a dog in their life.

269
Megan Dodson

I have had a dog ever since I was born. After my first dog passed away when I was very young, we got another dog. Is there anything else to do? I think not! I don't know what I would do without my crazy Golden Retriever named Roxy, that sometimes I swear has something wrong with her. Needless to say, I love her and never want her to leave me. Here are some barking reasons you need a dog in your life. Okay, that was a little corny, carry on.

1. They are umm...ADORABLE!

Enough said.

2. Who's gonna greet you when no one’s home?

One thing that a dog will definitely do that cats don't, is wait for you to come home. When you step through that door it’s like they haven’t seen you in 5 years! Forget about dropping them off at dog sitter company, they will cling on to you for their life!

3. Will try everything to protect you!

Just when I thought my dog wouldn’t care if an intruder came into my home, she surprises me by running and barking after people on our property when she can tell that my family and I are not having it. No matter what size dog you have, they will most likely fight to the end to protect you. Also, who doesn't love those videos and articles when dogs save people's lives during heart attacks, house fires, and so many countless other reasons.

4. They can tell when you're sad!

There have been so many times where I have been sad or sick where my dog has come right next to me while I’m on my bed with her head nudging at me. They must have a sixth sense or something! All I know is that it’s the cutest thing ever and will for sure make you smile.

5. Who else is gonna eat those ice cubes or crumbs you drop on the floor.

Every dog owner has done this at least a thousand times! If you don't then you are probably lying. I can say one thing, it makes clean up a lot easier!

6. When you're bored you know you'll always have something to do

Every dog is ready to play at any moment you're ready. So throw that dang ball already!

7. Not every dog begs!

That might be a lie. But sometimes it's so cute when they do. However, it is not cute when they throw up on the carpet.

8. Watching them play in the snow or water is the best thing ever!

Dog angles are definitely a thing and it's the cutest.

9. They will make you laugh.

There are so many times when your dog will do something that is so funny that makes you even happier that you have this dog in your life.

10. You'll never regret it!

Okay, there are times as a puppy when you are like, “Ugh come on! Did you have to make marks and holes in my flip flops!” or “This was my favorite shirt!” These times don’t compare to when you get to cuddle up with your dog and think about how special they are to you and you are to them.