10 Reasons Galentine's Day Is Better Than Valentine's Day

I'd rather be the one eating the box of chocolates, not buying it for a guy.

259
www.youtube.com

For some people, February 14th is one of the best days of the year. Valentine's Day is all about getting gifts for your significant other. It is about celebrating your love for your them through boxes of chocolate and fancy dinners. For me, Valentine's Day has never been important. It is one of the most commercial, overrated holidays in the history of ever. Valentine's Day should be more about celebrating your love for all the important people in your life, not just the person that you are currently dating. As someone who has experienced both being single and being in a relationship on this day, I have realized that I had more fun the years that I was single and was able to celebrate with my best friends being my Valentine's. Galentine's day is by far better than Valentine's day for so many reasons:

1) You're the one eating the chocolate, not buying it for someone else

2) There is no stress about the outfit you are planning to wear

3) If you are debating shaving your legs for this day, the answer would always be no

4) You don't have to spend hours at the store trying to find a card that isn't cheesy

5) You save money because you are not buying any pointless gifts

6) Guys never know what gifts to buy

7) Your friends can actually realize you are more important than Xbox

8) It empowers woman to unite

9) Valentine's Day is too much of a commercial holiday

10) February is actually International Friendship Month