10 Reasons Fall Is The Greatest Time Of Year

Do you feel the excitement yet?

233
pexels

It's almost that time of year again. The time of year where bonfires are the best nights out with friends, where jack-o-lanterns light up the streets and the fall leaves make the world look like an oil painting.

Oh, and pumpkin spice lattes. And pumpkin pie, and pumpkin rolls... so just pumpkin everything.

Fall has to be my absolute favorite time of year, so here are all the reasons why fall kicks butt:

1. You can jump in a pile of leaves!

I'm not sure if this is just supposed to be something you do as a child, but I am definitely still guilty of this as a senior in college. I should get to have fun once a year too since I'm too old to trick-or-treat.

2. Bonfires and cookouts are the greatest

Many of my best memories have been with friends or family during fall cookouts or bonfires. Good food, stars and a beautiful fire are all elements as to why fall is the best. Can you get a better party than that? Nope, 'cause it ain't fall.

3. PUMPKIN SPICE

Need I say more?

4. All your favorite Disney childhood Halloween movies

There wasn't a day in the whole year where I didn't wish I would find out to be a Cromwell witch like Marnie in the Halloweentown movies. I also never received my acceptance letter to Hogwarts... but seriously, these movies are forever underrated and are some of my childhood-memory gems.

5. UGGS. UGGS and leggings

Okay, I know UGG boots are NOT the most stylish boot in the world, but they are comfortable and warm and go great with my leggings. So yes, you will see me in an oversized T-shirt, black leggings and my UGG boots walking around campus.

And I will be happy. Because I am warm. And it's fall.

6. Halloween, Thanksgiving, AND Christmas are coming

I really really really REALLY love Halloween because of the movies, candy, candy corn, the costumes, and the cool air. I also love when Halloween passes because that means Thanksgiving is coming up. Thanksgiving food; that is my only statement. And Christmas?! Who doesn't LOVE Christmas?!

7. Specifically, Thanksgiving food.

Okay, I absolutely love Thanksgiving food. As a child, I did not appreciate it as much as I do now. I can promise you, boys and girls, that you will appreciate homemade Thanksgiving food when you go to college. It'll be the only time you'll have home-cooked food unless you visit home throughout the semester.

8. How beautiful the trees are

The fall leaves, to me, are beautiful because of all the different colors and hues that they put off. Yeah, spring and summer are pretty, but I like to see several different colors, not just green.

9. FOOTBALL

Not only do I work at a sports bar, but football is my time to make money and to TAILGATE! I love tailgating with friends, and also having football parties with my family. Fall keeps getting better and better.

10. The new wardrobe

Sweaters, vests, L. L. Bean boots, leggings, UGGs, long sleeve T-shirts, crew socks, scarves, beanies... anyone else relating? Do you feel the excitement yet?

So, are you ready for fall, y'all?