10 Reasons Why We're Excited For Thanksgiving Break

Home-cooked meals, pretty much.

7

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we're both saddened about leaving school yet excited for our favorite parts of coming home. Make sure to enjoy the shoeless showers, the home cooked meals, your best friends, and the greatest parts about going home.

1. Showering without shoes.

Above everything else, this is the most exciting part of coming home. No inconvenience of wearing shoes in the shower and no hateful agony of forgetting to put them on.

2. Home cooked meals.

While by this point we've learned the ins and outs of every dining hall and restaurant, nothing replaces mom's cooking, especially her Thanksgiving meal.

3. Your own bed.

While you've grown to love your one at school, I'll take my comfy queen size bed over my twin with a mattress pad any day.

4. Reuniting with your home friends.

Nothing is quite as good as seeing your best friends of ten plus years for the first time in a long time.

5. Seeing your family.

No matter how annoyed you may get with them from time to time, it feels good to be back home with the ones that love you most.

6. Your pet.

While I don't personally have one, I must consider the majority of students who leave the furry little friends behind. Don't worry, they'll be back soon with more kisses than you can imagine.

7. Driving

Although some of the privilege of their car being at school, I can't wait to get behind the wheel again.

8. No midterms.

From time to time, school will kick your ass. Especially when it feels like you have midterms every day. Being home = no midterms.

9. Going back to all your favorite places.

Millburn Deli, Seymour's, Donut Basket, Magic Fountain: I miss you. I'll be back soon.

10. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

The feeling of complete desperation to get back to your beloved school and a subtle reminder that it's where you belong.