10 Reasons Dogs Are Man's Best Friend

10 Reasons Dogs Are Man's Best Friend

Most people have experienced the love of a dog and here are a few reasons why they are so loved

780
10 Reasons Dogs Are Man's Best Friend

Who knows how long the saying has actually been around, but when it comes to dogs, everyone knows the title that goes with a dog, "Man's Best Friend." Everyone must have theories as to why they are referred to as our best friend, but here are my two cents. Or ten.

1. They have big ears, the better to listen to you. Like seriously. Whenever I need to rant and just rant, no advice or comments, I can talk to my Sadie and she will listen attentively. No ifs ands or buts. She just sits and gives me her ear.

2. And along with listening, they don't interrupt. Well, usually they won't. If a squirrel runs by all bets are off.

3. They are always excited when you get home. Always. They may not always get up, but their tails sure wag and their faces tell you just how much they love you.

4. They give the best hugs. Well, really they are jumping on you, but they feel like a hug and that's gotta count for something.

5. They will cuddle with you when you are cold or lonely and they will be there when you wake up from a nightmare.

6. Oh, and some dogs even know how to wake you from a nightmare. They can tell and then they wake you.

7. They keep you fit. You gotta walk them to keep them from going stir crazy, so not only are you helping them, but they are helping you!

8. They give you sweet kisses. Even when you may not want kisses.

9. No matter how your day went, or maybe date, you can always count on coming home to a smiling face. (Yes, they can smile. If you've never seen a dog smile, then you are obviously doing something wrong.)

10. Their whole life, or most of their life, is dedicated to loving you. You are their whole day, you are what they look forward to, they always want to hang out with you, jump on you, kiss you, and play.

If anything, we don't deserve dogs. And yet, they allow us into their hearts, and love us as much as we love them. They are beautiful creatures with wonderful hearts. Those are just a few reasons why dogs are man's best friend.