10 Reasons College Friends Are Your Forever Friends

At first you might feel alone, but then you find your "forever friends" and this journey doesn't seem so scary anymore.

16
Creative Vix (Pexels)

For many, college is the first time we will ever be away from our parents for an extended time. Let me be the first to tell you, it is not easy! You are trying to find yourself, do well in your classes, have a social life, pick a major, plan out your future career by picking out your major, and hold down a job because without a job, let's face it - none of this could be possible. At first, you might feel alone, but then you find your "forever friends" and this journey doesn't seem so scary anymore. Now this journey starts to become an adventure like no other.

As I begin to prepare for graduation, I am beginning to see that the friends I made in college will be there forever. We are all beginning to talk about what next year will bring and what our dreams and aspirations are; however, the one constant we all know to be true in all our plans is each other.

Here are 10 reasons why your college friends are your forever friends.

1. They understand you and embrace your quirky self.

From those glances that can be understood from halfway across the room to those moments when you start to laugh uncontrollably, your friends will be joining in right alongside you.

2. They can make you laugh your hardest.

From saying a random word at 3 am when you are sleep deprived to replicating your laugh to telling you that you need to stop spinning the phone on FaceTime, your friends can always say something to cause you to laugh your hardest.

3. They understand your academic struggle.

These friends get all the "blood, sweat, and tears" you put into your undergraduate degree because they lived it alongside you. I mean who is going to come sit in the library with you till 6 am before a final, to just keep you company?

4. They give you great Instagram photos.

Whether they are in or took the photo you posted on your Instagram, it got 100+ likes. Let's face it, your friends are going to make your followers jealous and want awesome friends like them.

5. They motivate you.

There are plenty of times I have been in class when my friends offer me a piece of gum to help me stay focused or ask a stupid question to get the entire class to laugh.

6. You can be scared together.

When there is a blackout or "murdering" clowns on campus, you all huddle together and laugh it off. Because there is no one else you would want to be a "lone survivor" with than them.

7. They are the best to do absolutely nothing with.

From procrastinating on your homework until 2 am or stay in bed all day and watch Netflix with each other over FaceTime just because you don't want to be alone and are too lazy to get out of your warm bed.

8. You get all their drama.

Whether it's family drama at home or the drama happening up at school, your college friends rally together to conquer the drama and be your support system when you need them the most.

9. They will never judge you.

Whether it's what you have on your plate in the cafeteria, what you are wearing to go out, or who you hooked up with, these friends will embrace you through it all and maybe create a joke or two about it.

10. They are your forever friends.

And through all the shenanigans you put each other through, you will never leave your side. They have seen you from when you cried the first night your parents left you at college and when you walk across that stage come May. They are your forever friends and will be with you for life.