10 Reasons Milwaukee Is An Underrated City

71

I've been on countless trips to visit my sister in Milwaukee, WI, and I've always loved what a fun city it is. From the festivals to the food and everything in between, I've realized what an underrated city it actually is. Here are 10 reason why you should visit (and maybe even stay in) "the good land."

1. The Milwaukee Art Museum

With over 3,000 art pieces, this museum that was opened in 1888 receives visits from over 400,000 people each year. You can find the War Memorial Center (1957) designed by Eero Saarinen, the Kaher Building (1975), and many other timeless pieces. To learn more, visit mam.org.

2. Bradford Beach (Lake Michigan)

Not only is Bradford beach located on the beautiful Lake Michigan, you can find various sand volleyball courts, a bath house, and two concession buildings. Make a team and play in the volleyball tournament! Enjoy the sandy beaches and the great views.

3. Brady Street

Located between the Milwaukee River and Lake Michigan, this hipster and popular street holds amazing restaurants and exciting night-life. "There's always something happening on Brady Street!"

4. Marquette, UW Milwaukee, etc.

You can easily make Milwaukee, WI your college home-town for four years with so many great universities to chose from, such as Marquette, UW Milwaukee, MSOE, and so many more. With lots of programs and job opportunities, there is something for everyone.

5. Lots and lots of breweries

After visiting Milwaukee, you will be able to tell someone exactly how beer is made. I promise. Visit the Lakefront Brewery, the Milwaukee Brewing Company, Sprecher Brewery, Miller Brewery, the Water Street Brewery, etc.

6. Summerfest

There is nothing better than country music, in the summer, in Milwaukee. Summerfest is the world's largest music festival, running from late-June to early-July. This year had Zac Brown Band, Carrie Underwood, Kings of Leon, and so many more.

7. Miller Park

Home of the Milwaukee Brewers, Miller Park is one of the largest construction projects to ever take place in Wisconsin. Its convertible roof is North America's only one, and it can open and close in no more than 10 minutes.

8. Milwaukee Riverwalk

The Riverwalk is located right in downtown Milwaukee, where you can find some of the city's best restaurants, brewpubs, and shopping. Learn of the city's history on this two mile walk!

9. Festivals

There's the Air and Water Show, the German Fest, the Wisconsin State Fair, the Wine and Harvest Festival, and Family Fun Fest, and that's just in the summer. Find more 365 days a year at milwaukee365.com.

10. 3rd Ward Restaurants

The Historic Third Ward holds Milwaukee's Art and Fashion district. Also, a lot of really great food! Located just south of downtown in a historic warehouse setting, the third ward will make you fall in love with Milwaukee.

A personal shout out goes to my sister, Kelsey, and her friends for the inspiration to write this article!